Why is the Watchtower Society modelled on the Old Testament?

by truthseeker 17 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

It is a fact, that the Watchtower have relegated Jesus Christ to "just another servant of Jehovah."

Got a copy of "The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived" book? The only book they publish dedicated to Jesus, doesn't even have his name on it.

Open up the book. There you will find a huge deception. Remember the scripture, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one can come to the father except through me."

Notice the picture of Jesus on a path. He is pointing the way, the Watchtower have not shown Jesus as "the way."

What about those phrases seen often in the Watchtower, "Jehovah, His Word, and His Organization." - Where's Jesus?

Recently, a poster commented that he heard a speaker refer to the org as our "mother." - If Jehovah is our father, than doesn't that put Jesus on the same level as the governing body?

When you look at the history, and the literature of Jehovah's Witnesses, you will find almost every example they use to pressure the dubs to obey them, is modelled on an old testament account.

Sons of Korah - The Watchtower love this account. It suppresses any urge to reform the organization.

Noah - The Watchtower often refers to itself as the "Ark" Jehovah has today. All must flee to this ark if they want to avoid Jehovah's anger.

Wife of Lot - Watchtower likes to remind us, do we look at the things behind, the things we left in the world?

Adam & Eve - yes, our "first parents" rebelled against God and wanted independence from him. Do we imitate our first parents?

Tabernacle - the Israelites gave generously, with a cheerful spirit. Do we use our "material things" to support Kingdom interests?

Miriam - Moses' sister murmured about Moses' wife. Do we murmur against the elders?

Not only that, if you look at the role of the priesthood in ancient Israel, the Governing Body have assumed this postition as mediator between us and Jehovah.

If the Watchtower acknowleged the Son, their control over us would disappear - there would be no need for it.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

More rules in the Old Testament, of course. Why else?

• greendawn
    greendawn

I agree it is very strange how the WTS has dethroned Jesus from his central position while claiming to be a christian religion. It's a very fishy mystery that deserves a lot of investigation. Even more bizarre is the fact that most JWs don't even believe that Christ is their personal saviour/messiah, and none of them call him Lord. Not Christ's people/organisation/law but Jehovah's. Have they in essence gone back to the Mosaic law? This cult has certainly wrecked their relationship with Christ.

• Noumenon
    Noumenon

I agree Greendawn. It's kinda disturbing. The JW's are so anti-trinitarian that they have gone way over to the other extreme and revived a Judasic old testament type of worship. They declare time and time again that they are a modern day equivalent to the old nation of Israel.

Have they never wondered why God's name is so conspicously absent in the new testament and why there is so much emphasis on Christ. Clearly the reason is because the Father WANTS Christians to honour the Son the same as he is honoured and that the Son has been given a name higher than any other, including the Father's old name Yahweh (which it seems he reserved only for use in his relationship with the Israelite nation). That doesn't mean you are a trinitarian. It's just that God has given everything over to the Son for now. Yet JW's don't see this.

• inquirer
    inquirer

YES! OF COURSE IT'S MODELLED ON THE HEBREW SCRIPTURES!

NWT Isaiah 43:10 "“YOU are my witnesses,” is the utterance of Jehovah, “even my servant whom I have chosen, in order that YOU may know and have faith in me, and that YOU may understand that I am the same One. Before me there was no God formed, and after me there continued to be none. "

That 3 assemblies a year was something similar they did in those Hebrew Scripture times too.

• vitty
    vitty

Truth seeker

Jehovah is the 144,000 father, if your one of the great crowd hes your grandfather !!!!!!!!!!!!

SICK.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    This cult has certainly wrecked their relationship with Christ.

Not to mention 6 million deceived people.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Jehovism is really neo-Judaism with a wafer-thin veneer of Christianity. Jesus has been reduced to a cypher, little more than an ``area code" one dials up when praying to get through to the Big Guy.

• minimus
    minimus

The Society uses the expression---"modernized Judaizers", I believe. The WBTS puts more meaning n the old than the new. They even refer to their "anointed" as "jews".

• gumby
    gumby

One of the biggest acts of worship a witness can perform......is making Gods NAME known. This alone puts jesus on the backburner. You won't find making gods name known in the N.T. as having any importance.....................................................................................................................

..............now watch some dipshit quote the Lords prayer.

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit