I just turned in my master's thesis

by ChrisVance 20 Replies latest jw friends

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

after working on it for a year. Now the judicial comittee thesis committee has two weeks to decide if it's good enough. If not I don't graduate until they say it's good enough. Please, don't pray for me, but good thoughts are appreciated.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Good luck! What's the topic of your thesis?

• adelmaal
    adelmaal

Good vibes coming your way! Congrats on the enormous feat!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Since you don't want prayer, I'll respect your choice (besides which, you've completed it ). I will wish you good luck, however, in the hope that this alternative superstition isn't offensive

Thesis take a lot of work - well done!
    I hope you get a good result

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

Thanks everyone. The theme of my these is literacy in the Mexican family.

LittleToe. I think "good luck" is a harmless superstition. I suppose prayer is also if not abused.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I would love to see a Physics major create a thesis based on applying Heisenberg Uncertainty Principal to the passage of time at the quantum level.

A good starting point would be the Planks Length. ( L=(hG/C^3)1/2= 1.6X10^-33 cm)

The premise of the thesis would be that one cannot identify exactly where in time a given event occurred. Basically it would cause the "second" hand (only a much smaller unit of time) on a clock to become "fuzzy". The implication of this would be that some particles which are perceived as being in the present are in-fact existing slightly in the future while other particles are existing slightly in the past.

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

This is just my master's thesis. When I do my doctorate I'll keep your idea in mind. Wait, I'm too old to do a doctorate; I'm 55.

Christopher, of the doesn't believe it's never too late class.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Wow! Go and treat yourself to a full hour massage! A thesis is a boatload of work. Congratulations on accomplishing this major project and bushels of good vibes headed your way!

Jean

• JW83
    JW83

Hi Chris! Good luck! I'm handing in my honours thesis in 3 weeks - keep me in your thoughts, too, cos the mark I get determines whether I can do a PhD or not!!

• Heatmiser
    Heatmiser

Congrats Chris, let us know the results when you get them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit