Please help me prove the wts wrong

by gringojj 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• The Leological One
    The Leological One

Hi,

They flat out told me that there was no way I could be a moral person if I was'nt a member of their organization. The final straw was when one of them told me that if I was alone with a beautiful naked woman and there was no one around I would cheat on my wife. Her study has called me a close associate of satan. I cannot keep quiet anymore. It has become clear to me they are a cult, there doctrines make them dangerous, and I will not let me children grow up exposed to thier teachings

Whoah! They really had some audacity. I am a Christian and can't believe how some people like that act and apparently think. I'd have had a hard time not going totally off on them after those things they said, but I commend you for looking for smart answes. The answers are all over this forum and at sites like the WT quotes one (not sure of the exact URL, but if you type watchtower quotes in a search engine it should be high on the results list) as well as www.freeminds.org among other places. I'd wish you luck, but you won't need it after looking into those sites for critical info!

I do wish the best for you and your wife! Peace.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Do not make the mistake of thinking that you are dealing with odd but essentially normal people - nor assume that they may "do the right thing" in any circumstance - they can be determinedly nasty and/or vicious, quite unlike anyone else in the community that you may have encountered - it would not be uncommon that the truthfulness of their communication with you was simply lies and sinister manipulation.

I could say worse from my own experience, but words for description are lacking.

Good luck - be careful - and as wise as a serpent

• Flash
  • rebel8
    rebel8

Here is a site for you that may be helpful. In particular, pay attention to the UN NGO membership section and the purchase of Rand corporation stock. This will help you show your wife the WTS is hypocritical. Hypocrisy is inconsistent with the claim that this organization has been led directly by God Himself for over a century. www.jwinfo.50megs.com

PS- After you show her the hypocrisy, you may have an opportunity to show her this group and its tactics are consistent with cult behavior and tactics. www.factnet.org

• jgnat
    jgnat

Which is more important to you; to prove them wrong or to get your wife out? Joyzabel's selections are excellent. "Combatting Mind Control" for instance. You need to concentrate on the wisest way to get your wife out of their thinking. Unfortunately, directly attacking the religion or the elders could push her closer to them and away from you.

This is because they have pre-warned her that you will do this. Your opposition may do nothing more than prove to her that they are right and you are from satan.

There are reams of material that can poke holes in the JW theology. Unfortunately, they can dismiss it all by saying, "it is from the internet". The internet was obviously created by satan to help opposers to destroy "True Christianity".

As you pointed out so well, however, no real Christian would so blatantly accuse a stranger of infidelity, or try and come between a husband and a wife.

• Flash
    Flash
    Which is more important to you; to prove them wrong or to get your wife out? Joyzabel's selections are excellent. "Combatting Mind Control" for instance. You need to concentrate on the wisest way to get your wife out of their thinking. Unfortunately, directly attacking the religion or the elders could push her closer to them and away from you.

This is the smarter way to approach the problem.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit