Apostate site?

by Shawn 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Shawn
    Shawn

After checking the site out I don't know what to say. It isn't really what I had in mind. It seems to be a genuine JW site. Not many people there and it has had 18 members on at the same time at it's highest point. A little too cute for my tastes. Thanks but it appears to be like the others I have seen and there is no thinking going on.

• Shawn
    Shawn

Here is a little bit from the above site about "Oh My God" being used in society:

"Has anyone else noticed this?

While it is not surprising language has disintegrated, have you noticed this newer more subtle trend gripping people of all ages?

I first noticed it's prevalence on the myriads of decorating programmes on TV. (Yes, I am a decorating junkie.)

When it comes time at the end of the programme for the "big reveal" you hear the choruses of parents and echoes of children all saying "OH MY GOD!"

I find this especially disconcerting coming out of the mouths of babes, but I hear it so often (it often spoils the show i.m.o., so now I had to give this some thought and ask for your comments also."

Very thought provoking. Children and the media using the word God to put emphasis on something. While it is questionable in regards to using the Lord's name in vain. It is hardly an even minor issue that a JW should focus on.

• Chia
    Chia

The only website authorized by the Dubs is www.watchtower.org.

Anything else is considered "bad association." This was considered recently, so that's the official stance. Even if a site is considered "pro-Witness", or they talk about "spiritual" things, it's still bad because all the authorized information comes from www.watchtower.org.

Blech.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit