Greatness, Love, Compassion...

by love11 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Sirona
    Sirona

I want to be remembered for writing something great. (not written yet )

Sirona

• El blanko
    El blanko

Hmm... that's difficult really and plays to my ego

Possibly as a man who sought truth and challenged his own thoughts and by extention, the thoughts of others.

Somebody who was as reliable as his word and attempted to break down his own barriers to connect with others.

Interesting thread.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Love 11,

when speaking about these wonderful quallities , I am reminded that these are the gifts that God bestowed to his son when He sent him to the earth to give us the greatest gift of all> his life. I hope that if I had to do something like give my live for a friend or someone I love then I know I would be showing God's quality.

If I could display these qualities I would consider myself a lucky person. I may not be the greatest person on this earth, but I have love and compassion for others. I feel if we at least try to be good to others, goodness will return to us hundred fold. Love is one quality we need to nurture. I sometimes admitt I may fail in doing somethings 100percent but at least I am trying to better myself in life. I want to be able to be though of as a person who showed love and compassion. As for greatness I am no sure about that one.

Here I have included a quote I find quite inspirational .

Samuel Johnson: Inspirational Quotes on Greatness
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance

love Orangefatcat

• Honesty
    Honesty

1. Helping people find Christ.

2. Helping expose the WTBTS as a false prophet and destructive, demon controlled cult.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism
    SixOfNine wrote:
    I wanna be able to change water into wine and have people fawning about my next coming two thousand years from now.

I'll settle for being able to change beer into piss and having one girl fawning over my coming. At least my goals are achievable.

Seriously? I hope to be remembered as a good teacher, an effective researcher, a loyal friend, a supportive husband, and a loving father. If that happens, then I will truly have had a happy and successful life.

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

My Epitaph:

"Here lies ED

His Sins were Scarlet

But His Books Were Read"

-Eduardo

• love11
    love11

Wow it's been really interesting reading all of your posts. Most seemed simple and able to achieve, but not unimportant by the least. Yet all were very endearing qualities that we all should strive to possess. I hope that we all live long enough to become who we really are inside. Love

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit