Albert Einstein and his nature of turning inward?

by frankiespeakin 33 Replies latest jw friends

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I would like to here your opinions about AE even if you don't know much about him,, what do you think about him according to what limited knowledge you have of him. I think this would be fun for our imagination. I bet those that have a mystical nature might have some interesting things to say as well as you science buffs.

I think he was very introverted,,had great intuitions,, a very lively imagination,,and had perhaps experinced enlightenment perhaps not as much as some mystics but quite abit atleast that's what I gather from the recient thread I started which has some quotes of his ideas about spirituality. What do you think? I think with all those "thought experiments" he was famous for must have come from deep down in his unconscious mind,,he must have been in a trance or altered state of consciousness when he had these flashes of illuminations in which became famous for,,I would say he must have had quite a few "peak experiences" in his younger days,,that must have dealt some heavy blows to his ego,,or atleast squashed it to some degree.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

they say that he might have had Aspergers, which would've made him an extremely inward person.

• heathen
    heathen

I know he was a jew and is dead.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

A lot of our greatest thoughts come from a trance like state. Think archimedes. The subconscious has great intuitive power because it is not scrambled by the trivials of the conscious mind. It has been said (by me) that a genius is just a person who lets his subconscious do most of his thinking for him.

• Siddhashunyata
    Siddhashunyata

Intelligence has to understand the activity of thought. When intelligence understands the activity of thought, then thought is different in its operation. For example if thought has created racism or nationalism as a means of "security" and then one sees the fallacy of it, the seeing of the fallacy is intelligence. Thought then creates a different kind of world in which racism and nationalism do not exist. Intelligence sees the falsness of what is going on. When thought is free of this falseness it is different. Then it begins to parallel intelligence. Einstein felt this action and allowed intelligence to superscede conditioning so that his thoughts paralleled intelligence. There is only one intelligence but there are many "thinkers" of thoughts.

• Sirona
    Sirona

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein.

I love that quote. People seem to think that scientific knowledge is paramount. I think he was saying that without imagination, you can't think outside of the box and therefore you'll never find out anything new. Einstein never discounted something just because it *sounded mystical* or something. I mean, his theories about time were ground-breaking and I still find it hard to comprehend time "running slower" in some circumstances.

Then his discoveries in quantum physics lead the way for experiments to be done where they found that two particles, no matter what the distance between them, would react simultaneously in the same way. Think about that! From a mystical standpoint that is a profound idea! That means that distance between particles isn't relevant.

Sirona

• Mac
    Mac

My knowledge isn't limited...

and he had a nature of "borrowing"...

mac, (do yer research class)

• El blanko
    El blanko

I am a great believer in a mystical approach to reality (with a hint of the rational mind of course)

An abandonment of the logical part of my mind has often bought me closer to a real understanding of circumstances as I sit quietly within, using the eyes of a child to feel out situations.

I think at a deeper conscious level there lies an awareness and guide that teaches us ineffable truths that touch the very heart of us and connect us to each other through love.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

My friends who say they don't believe in science are just proving they don't understand the meaning of the word. It isn't one thing, like a religion that you accept or reject.

Science bored me at school, but when I read the first few chapters of Stephen Hawking's "A Brief History of Time" especially the bits about Newton & Einstein, I realised that it is often just a way of explaining reality, as best a human can.

Hawking's most advanced ideas or theories have been overshadowed by newer ones. Science neither proves nor disproves God, religion or Christianity, but can aid our understanding of all three.

Einstein's greatest mistake was when he adjusted his thinking to match religious indoctrination that he could not shed.

What I liked most is that ideas like relativity are quite simple and even obvious, but only after a genius has seen them first and shows us.

• El blanko
    El blanko
    Science neither proves nor disproves God, religion or Christianity, but can aid our understanding of all three.

Indeed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit