Anyone Experience Something Similar After Exiting

by love2Bworldly 19 Replies latest jw friends

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

I am starting to remember something weird when I left the JW's, but wonder if it's a physchological manifestation of the brainwashing & control they had over me and the guilt trip/fear of being 'bad'.

I remember when I used to look up toward the sky sometimes and pray a silent prayer to Jehovah. After I got disfellowshipped, I felt like when I looked up and thought about God that there was almost a physical ceiling on the other side of the blue sky that curtained me off from Jehovah hearing my prayers. I don't feel that way anymore, I feel very happy not being a JW. I also do pray to God and feel that he does hear me.

Has anyone experienced anything weird like that after leaving the JW's?

• upside/down
  • TheListener
    TheListener

Yes. I sometimes felt that God wouldn't listen to my prayers. Sometimes when I pray I get confused about what to call God. I feel funny not using Jehovah, but I don't think that is the correct name and I don't feel it's necessary to use it. I usually say about 3 names, jehovah, yahweh and just God. Then when my prayer is over I hope i don't get struck with lightning.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

i still prayed while df....then at a service meeting discussing how to treat df it was said that j. wouldnt listen then at a jc for reinstatement was told to pray more cause j. would help me.........do the words hand right left know not doing ...mean anything to anyone

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Any of you tried praying to Jesus?

(it worked for Steven)

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Any of you tried praying to Jesus?

(it worked for Steven)

It worked for me when I wanted real truth. I DA'd from the demonised WTBTS 3 weeks later.

• Quotes
    Quotes

Hhhhhhhhhmmmmmmm........

I'm not sure where you got the idea that prayer was a restricted privlege...

oh, wait a minute:

http://quotes.watchtower.ca/prayer.htm

Never mind!

~Quotes, of the "unrestricted" class

• integ
    integ
    do the words hand right left know not doing ...mean anything to anyone

Not really...

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

integ......matthew 6:3

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

love2b- I know exactly what you're talking about. I never had a real relationship with my creator until I left the witnesses- then, after a few months of anger and avoidance, I started praying again. I find that my prayers now have so much more meaning, and I feel that they're actually being listened to as well!

Sometimes, when I'm alone in my home and deep in my evening prayers, there is a definite feeling that I'm not alone- that the One to whom I'm speaking is present and listening to every word I say. I think that's how prayer is supposed to make us feel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit