Any Day-Traders on Board?

by hillary_step 20 Replies latest jw friends

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Hello,

Nowhere near JW related, for which I apologise, but are there any posters who are day-traders?

HS

• IronGland
    IronGland

Whoa! Have we entered a time warp back to 1998?

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

irongland,

Whoa! Have we entered a time warp back to 1998?

lol....No, some of us kept going through it all.

HS

• toreador
    toreador

I tried it a few years back. Didnt do to well. How bout you?

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Day trading has always interested me, in fact the only reason my X and I got a computer back in '95 was so we could start day trading. Remember the Yahooagligans?

Tell me H_S, do you have to be 24/7 committed to it? It seems to me to really be able to get the edge you have to be locked on the 'net 24/7 to really make any money at it. Is that correct?

It's an idea that I've recently been wondering about myself. Back in '95 I had some capital and if only I would have bought a couple of stocks I might be rolling in dough............I know a few Elder's who have done quiet well with it including the Elder that encouraged my X and me to buy that dang computer in the first place.

I've had lots of fun on the computer, it would be more fun if it paid me hourly, lol.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Toreador,

I survive. It is not my sole occupation, and I was not as savaged as many in the dot.com fiasco. I did take a hit but one from which I recovered fairly quickly. I tend to trade by charts and technical analysis and limit my orders which protects the downside from too heavy a hit.

If there is enough interest I may start a mailing list or something so that any traders interested can exchange tips and defeats.

HS

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Bikerchic,

Tell me H_S, do you have to be 24/7 committed to it? It seems to me to really be able to get the edge you have to be locked on the 'net 24/7 to really make any money at it. Is that correct?

Yes, timing is everything so I look in very often. But investing can also be very profitable if you do your DD, find the right company and leave your money there. Three years ago I traded TARG for example. It is a logistics company with a good balance sheet and a good future. Its shares were at 2 cents! I bought and held for three years and sold at $1.55.

With day-trading you follow the share, with longer term, follow the company.

Best regards - HS

• Quotes
    Quotes

http://www.elitetrader.com/

This is sort of like JWD, but for traders instead of for X-JWs.

~Quotes, of the "Stochastic Divergence" class

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    Three years ago I traded TARG for example. It is a logistics company with a good balance sheet and a good future. Its shares were at 2 cents! I bought and held for three years and sold at $1.55.

gerrrr! I could kick myself I had a chance to buy stock in a company that I knew inside and out as I worked for the owner of the company. His shares were at $12 when I wanted to buy them and went up to $42, I can't bring myself to check where they are at now I know it would just make me furious that I didn't buy then, now I can't afford to.

Well I'm going to have some time on my hands here soon maybe I'll start checking it out again.

With day-trading you follow the share, with longer term, follow the company.

Patience is profitable eh? I've often heard it said to stay in for the ride it can get bumpy. There is a lot to learn and it's not for the faint of heart, but sounds interesting to me.

Thanks for the feed back H_S.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Quotes,

Yes, many thanks for that one. I am a member there but tend to read rather than post. I am glad that they moderate out the pumpers and dumpers.

I almost did not join though when I found out that you could not use vulgar language and that you would be deleted for arguing with the moderators. Bloody Nazi's, they are everywhere.

Another decent enough board, especially for Penny and Midcaps is HSM http://www.hotstockmarket.com/board/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl Again, it is a heavily moderated board and they run a tight ship. You have to show your naked portfolio before they let you into the adult section or fight section.

HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit