Check This Out

by DocHayes 12 Replies latest jw friends

• DocHayes
    DocHayes
    How is the US defending a persons religious freedom by going to Iraq, I thought the whole point was for Bush to begin his global domination.

I think we're going to invade England next. Does England have any oil?

• roybatty
    roybatty
    The ironic thing is this... how judgemental can he be as an active JW in the YMCA?

That always cracked me up. I was offically Da'd for joining the Y and am shunned by all of my JW family while my brother and brother in law (both elders) play b-ball at the Y all the time. They do pay fee ti play b-ball there, though they aren't offical members. Just cracks me up trying to follow their logic on this matter.

"Would it be ok to attend a religious service at local church even though you weren't a member?" blah blah blah

• aniron
    aniron
    I anti-witnessed to an Elder in a Salvation Army thrift store!

Talk about hypocrisy.

Is this one of those odd American rules, like the two door car thing?

Here in Britain I know many JW's in the congregation I was in who regularly went to such stores. One Elders wife made a big thing about some of the good clothes she got from Oxfam, or Red Cross shops. Many went to other charity shops as well, British Heart Foundation, Scope (cerebral palsy), Salvation Army. I would meet them at assemblies/conventions as well, telling me they got something from a charity shop and how the money they saved help pay for the trip to the convention.

No one ever said a word whether it was wrong to go to such places. Well no one would not after a Circuit Overseer turned round and said the suit he was wearing he got from a CAFOD (Catholic charity shop)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit