Have you ever commented at the meeting

by homme perdu 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• garybuss
    garybuss

I saw one guy ask "Who gives a shit?", when he was called on for an answer at a Watchtower magazine study. It was hilarious. The elder boy in charge about did the deed in his pants. Those were rare times indeed.

• bennyk
    bennyk

"Honesty", you take the words out of my mouth; it's not really worth the aggravation and why become a magnet for unwelcome attention?

I DID make a statement regarding my disbelief in "1975=Armaggedon" during a meeting for Field Service once, when I was about ten years old. An Elder cured me of my talkative nature in short order. (Well, not really. I still suffer from Foot-in-Mouth Disease.)

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I think gary is one of the few posters who can actually make you spit coffee all over your computer on a fairly regular basis... I'm sending him the bill for a new keyboard!

• Poztate
    Poztate

http://www.freeminds.org/buss/okies.htm Try this site to see Gary at his best..

• Quentin
    Quentin

"There was a time (in the far distant past) where it was acceptable to ask questions during the bookstudy."

True. Most book studies were some what informal. Didn't stray to far, but questions were not discouraged.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

question? what are questions? thats not part of approved disciple activity!

read paragrah

ask printed question

answer verbatim from paragraph

sing

pray

place magazines

turn in time once a month

just like Jesus commanded in the Holy Scriptures...

• Ténébreux
    Ténébreux

I once saw a guy stand up during the Watchtower study to share his opinion with the speaker after the first question was asked, without even waiting for the microphone. He was obviously new and had mistaken it for an actual discussion. Before he had finished his first sentence, another Brother went over and sat him down again and the speaker said "This is Brother John, and he'll be happy to answer any questions you may have..."

• ShadowX
    ShadowX

No not really, but I do remember few who made such long and off topic comments that by the time they were done you could go to Starbucks and back

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

when I was about 16 or 17 my best friend from high school...an non JW born again came to the ministry/service meeting on thursday night. She wanted to ask questions, and kept going to raise her hand, but I would pull it down and say PLEASE!!! if you want to ask him, wait until after!!! so through the rest of the meeting she pretend to start to raise her hand just to torture me, hahah.

Man was I anal back then.

• fairchild
    fairchild

One time, an elder's daughter had brought her school teacher to the Tuesday night bookstudy. At the end of the study, right before the prayer, the conductor had briefly gone over the subjects of the Thursday meeting and pointed out that it was our turn to clean the hall that Saturday, etc... He then asked "anything else"? The teacher, who had been quiet during the entire study raised his hand. When he spoke, he kindly thanked for the invitation to this interesting bookstudy, and then he invited everyone present to a christmas celebration in his church. There was a short, awkward silence. When the conductor had recovered, he told the teacher that after the prayer, someone would explain to him what the JW view is regarding christmas. it was pretty embarrassing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit