Does Anyone Feel Stuck In Their Job?

by love2Bworldly 14 Replies latest jw friends

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Yes, and I'm interviewing here and there to get out. The company itself has gone downhill and there's at least one person a week who quits. It's so depressing, too. If I was busy, then the day would go by faster, but there's nothing to do. So I bring my books with me to read. I'm taking college courses online working toward a degree, so that helps.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Thanks for the responses. My plan is to start taking classes this year, and cut back my hours so I can spend more time with my kids. When I retire, I want to have my own business--maybe a roach coach (goodie wagon) or a coffee shop stand. But anyway, I guess I am just so verrrrrrrry bored right now, it's hard waiting.

• missy04
    missy04
    Does anyone hate their job but feel like they would be throwing away a good thing if they quit?

Exactly how I felt until I quit yesterday!

But I am not in your situation and I didn't have anything to lose really. Have you talked to your family about it?

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Yes, but I work in the la brea tar pits!

Just kidding I was in training to be a pilot that is the job I've always wanted since I was a kid but since I couldnt go to college it wasnt possible... Then when I discovered that I could do whatever I wanted I started working toward the pilot goal but fell way short financialy... By that point though I had lots of college credits and things that looked good on a resume so I was able to get a high paying office job... I hated it! So for the next 5 years or so I jumped from one office to the next! Hated them all but started to get a scary resume 1 year here 6 months there 2 years max on a job! So I settled down with bellsouth and made mad money but woke up every monday morning and said "should I go to work today or should I shoot myself..." not a good place to be! (this was also when I finally stopped going to meetings, i wasnt' anti-witless yet I had just become athnostic) So I left that job and I took a job doing what I liked making almost 1/3rd of what I was making at Bell. The money started coming back though as I got better at the new job... Then I got hurt and can't do my new job... So I went back to the drawing board and found another job that I like! It's also better money and much better retirement potential! I'm also going to school for dentristry not sure that I want to be a dentist but I have the time and the money and I'm having a good time so what the heck!

This is my well traveled advice...

Go to school as much as you can, don't worry about a degree I have a gazillion credits that don't even equal an AA yet when I send it to employers I always get at least an interview because they want to meet the guy who can fly a plane in IFR conditions while preforming CPR while giving you a massage and doing a root canal! (I've only been interviewed once in 10 years where I didn't get the job... Keep the job well thats different! I was never fired though so that's at least something right??)

Figure out what YOU want to do! If you dont' know then you need to take a year off and hike the pacific rim trail (or come here and hike the AT) it's great and clears your mind considerably you have to rely on YOU to do EVERYTHING if you don't do it you can DIE! you will know you a lot better (maybe even better than you want to) by the end of the hike!

Relax,,, it might not be your job you hate... It might be yourself!

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

It sure will be great when paradise finally gets here! whoooo. We can have real jobs building each others houses and stuff. And we can eat some huge fruit tooooo! I can't wait to wrestle with the big cats. (said with tongue in cheek)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit