Regrets

by Blueblades 25 Replies latest jw friends

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

I did regret not going to university, but I turned that around. I regret the missed opportunities in life, and the missed opportunities for my daughters.

But regrets are not progressive, so I try to take the veiwpoint that everything happens for a reason. In some ways I'm glad I had the experience I did because it made me a stronger person, capable of a level of compassion and empathy I might not have otherwise developed. As Paul Anka says so eloquently, "regrets, I've had a few, but then again too few to notice".

• onacruse
    onacruse

Sure, I have regrets, with many deep and enduring consequences.

So?

Work through, move on, and live life well.

The only damnation in life is to continue to repeat the same damned mistakes.

Sincerely,

Craig

• Dansk
    Dansk

I have no regrets! I've thought about this a lot - but not so much these days - as I realise just changing one thing could have had ramifications for the rest of my life. All my children bar the first, for example, were born while Claire and I were in the cult. Had we been doing something different we may not have made love when we did and had the children we have now. As my children are wonderful I wouldn't want not to have them. Some might say that I would not grieve over what I didn't know - but the fact is they are here NOW and so I regret nothing.

There is also this forum to consider. Had I not been a JW and exited I would likely never have come here and met the friends I have.

As has already been said, we need to move on with our lives. I make it a goal to look positively at the here and now. Looking back just robs of us of that precious moment. Mistakes? Sure! But I've learnt from them!!

Love,

Ian

• Es
    Es

I dont know if i have many tragic regrets....i do regret not going out with a nice guy from work coz he was worldy, i kinda regret not be able to go to university. I regret marrying a brother at 19 etc... es

• el jarocho mayor
    el jarocho mayor

Regrets, I`ve had a few. But then again, too few to mention.

Frank Sinatra

• el jarocho mayor
    el jarocho mayor

Whoa! I hadnt even seen Nicolauo's post. Eerie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit