Ayatollah Khomeini's rules about sex.

by bebu 21 Replies latest jw friends

• bebu
    bebu

I learn something new everyday...

Today, the Ayatollah Khomeini's teachings about sex. I now feel particularly sorry for the Iranian women. And the poor, dear children. And even the animals. All at risk. I had no idea that certain behaviors were permitted in any Islamic nation. As far as I can tell, these rules are still in effect.

**I wish to make it clear that certainlynot all Iranians would think of the following as acceptable. In fact, it seems that many Iranians are more than ready to shed Islam, and particulary Khomeini's brand of it--if they can! Learning the following helps me understand what the woman in Iran are up against, and particularly the brave women who are trying to make changes, such as the Iranian woman from whose website this comes.

http://www.homa.org/Details.asp?ContentID=2137352748&TOCID=2083225413

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Ah, finally some enlightened thinking about sex.

I'm tired of all that repressive JW stuff. This stuff is a breath of fresh air, assuming I'm sitting in an outhouse!

What a load of crap.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Sick, but I've known this for years, and as you say, it is not representative of your Iranian in the street. Iran is just a place where someone like Oral Roberts got into power. You Americans should take a cautionary tale from that.

The age standards for children are vile by our standards; that's because they are basically the standards of several hundred years ago. In Europe 12 or lower was considered the lower permisaable age - under church law - for centuries.

It was secular law that changed that, first to 14 (where it stayed at in many US States until recently), then 16 and 18.

Iran's lawbooks have the age-of-consent at 14 for girls and 17 for boys; pretty identical (as far as girls go) to what many US States used to have. And Canada still has. I suppose Mormons and Mullahs are the dirty little perverts in this analysis

I am sure as the country develops socially the differences will equalise.

I find that the more you find out about other less-developed countries the more you find they are like your country once was and the more you realise they will probably become more like yours as they develop. Religion makes surprisingly little different.

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

"It is forbidden to consume the excrement of animals or their nasal secretions. But if such are mixed in minute proportions into other foods their consumption is not forbidden."

That explains the 'special sauce' on a Big Mac ...

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Abaddon

The age standards for children are vile by our standards; that's because they are basically the standards of several hundred years ago.

I understand your point - BUT this set of rules basically say that its okay to sexual abuse female babies orally or anally and just not vaginally. If I read it right - it says this is not prohibited.

• Balsam
    Balsam

It is a culture that defies logic to us here in the West. The laws are cruel and allow for sexual abuse of young girls. It is a culture that will hopefully change soon and abandon its ignorance. They are still living like they did 1000 years ago. Has to be an unbearable culture to endure, especially for the women and girls. Eating of dung and filth is beyond understanding.

In case some don't know but Fundamentalist Mormons in the USA and Canada take young girls 9 and up as their wifes and make them pregnant. Yes the law forbids it but still they get away with it. These girls are literally enslaved along with the many wifes of these dirty old men. The Old men run off all the young men and shun them so they won't take the cream of the crop in young wives.

• jwbot
    jwbot

It is absolutely horrific, but this is what happens when a fundamentalist religion (and yes, I do not mean all Islam is fundamentalist or all fundamentalists are Islamic) rules a country and makes laws. This is going on in Saudi Arabia too and trust me, there is a growing underground feminist movement (so do not give me that "its their culture" crap because these women obviously want change!) to change things. Horrible abuse goes on to women and young girls and its not only ignored...its seen as normal. They are not second-class, they are treated lower than animals. In Saudi Arabia (last time I knew), women at their death were thrown into unmarked graves, not even honored in their death....how terrible to live through that and not even get anything in the end.

But, this will change. Women are secretly fighting back, one can only push them down so far...

• Dustin
    Dustin

That is seriously messed up. I knew their rules were crazy, but that disgusts me. That is why I hate all religion and its leaders. There is no balance.

• WhyNow2000
    WhyNow2000

This is very disturbing!!!

• upside/down
    upside/down
    The age standards for children are vile by our standards; that's because they are basically the standards of several hundred years ago.
    I understand your point - BUT this set of rules basically say that its okay to sexual abuse female babies orally or anally and just not vaginally. If I read it right - it says this is not prohibited.

As long as you don't "damage" them... WTF? How do you not damage a pre-nine year old? And does that include physical and emotional damage?

Oh wait, I think that race/culture/religion is just "evolving", therefore it's "natural". Survival of the most evil fittest! UGH!

u/d (of the hates organized religion class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit