Evil Lives Monday, April 11, 2005

by apocalypse 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• heathen
    heathen

Yep it seems they are following the rest of the "evangelists" with that type of reasoning . sure sure , the web is evil , jehovah hates the web . Well exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuusssssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeee meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I seem to remember the bible stating that the reader should use discernment , I never see any of that in the WTBTS publications , I guess they think it means they are the only ones using discerment even . Looks like we are just blinded by satan everytime we pick apart their idiotic reasoning ........................

• adelmaal
    adelmaal
    No plague or miracle- not even the loss of his firstborn son- was able to persuade Pharaoh that Moses was speaking on behalf of Jehovah.

That's too funny! The plagues are exactly what persuaded Pharaoh that Moses was speaking on behalf of Jehovah. Complete opposite of what was stated in the article.

Personally, I don't believe the whole point of the plagues was to persuade Pharaoh that Moses was speaking on behalf of Jehovah though... Were they not to prove that Jehovah was the true God?

If God were in the practice of performing miracles or issuing plagues to prove that he had a mouthpiece on earth would he not have issued a miracle or plague to point to the WTBTS as the FDS? Hmmm... Where's their miracle? Are they making up excuses for not having one?

Interesting point...

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I think that this isn't so much evil as just sloppy work they are just saying the same old $hit... they don't research or even look the scriptures up anymore they just regurgitate the same old garbage every month. Thats why it's in every article it's not sinister or evil it's simply that if they make a mistake (no thats not possible cause they are directed by god right... ) the mistake will be parroted for years because no one bothers to look up the reference and see if its right!

This is why the watchtower has survived for the last 10 years (since 95) it's simply apathy and people don't care. The botch job in 75 almost killed them but the information wasnt' easy to get! Now the info is easily available but millions aren't exiting (yet) so why not? Most are just in a rut, the next big bump that pops people out of their collective ruts will be the end of this group!

• blondie
    blondie

I have to admit, I have not read everyone's comments. Thanks apocalypse for pursuing this common trick used by the WTS.

I remember that recently the WTS had a drama and later a video about those rising up against Moses--Korah, Abiram and Dathan and their supporters.

They equate themselves with Moses who PROVED that he was speaking for God (putting aside some thoughts that the accounts in the Bible are not factual). What had Moses done?

The canes into snakes and back again.

The leprosy here and gone again on his hand.

The ten plagues...the protection from the final one...blood on the door post.

The parting of the Red Sea.

Etc, etc, etc.

What has the WTS done that equals any of that. Even by their own mouth, they say there are no miracles from God performed even by the FDS today. So how do THEY prove they are from God, speaking his words Instead, the populace has seen prophecies that have proven false, or are back-dated to fit events in the WTS history.

w98 7/15 p. 12 Beware of a Lack of Faith ***
    Paul started his warning with the provisional clause "if you people listen to his own voice." God spoke to his people through Moses and other prophets. Then, Jehovah spoke to them through his Son, Jesus Christ. (Hebrews 1:1, 2) Today, we have God?s complete inspired Word, the Holy Bible. We also have "the faithful and discreet slave," appointed by Jesus to provide spiritual "food at the proper time." (Matthew 24:45-47) Thus, God is still speaking.

So did God speak saying the end was coming in 1914, 1925, 1975.

http://www.premier1.net/~raines/millions.html

this chronology is not of man, but of God.... the addition of more proofs removes it entirely from the realm of chance into that of proven certainty.... the chronology of present truth [is]... not of human origin. [8]

... Scripturally, scientifically, and historically, present-truth chronology is correct beyond a doubt.... Present-truth chronology is correct beyond the possibility of a doubt.... The chronology stands firm as a rock. [9]

8. The Watch Tower, July 1, 1922, p. 217.

9. The Watch Tower, June 15, 1922, p. 187. Italics in original.

Eighty years later, have any of the promises of the FDS 'speaking for God' come true?

from an advertisement for the Millions booklet that appeared on the back page of several Golden Age magazines:
    Do these things appeal to you? Unending human life; perpetual health;... no more fear of the landlord, the doctor, the sheriff, the employer, of evil men and angels, of vicious animals, of dependent old age; no more blindness, lameness, deafness, dumbness; no more bald heads, glass eyes, false teeth, or wooden legs; no more sickness, disease, or pestilence; no more ignorance or superstition; no more sorrow; no more tears!
    No, we are not trifling: these things and more are absolutely sure, because promised by the Word of God. The world has already ended,... earth's times of restitution, its springtime, begins to count in 1926.
    When that times comes, all the above blessings will not come instantaneously, but will come speedily on those who live through the next five or six years of trouble. [5]

Blondie (not speaking for God)

• apocalypse
    apocalypse

Thanks for the quotes Blondie. It's become all too simple now to show what they've claimed. Simple only here in apostacyberville.

• bennyk
    bennyk

Yes, Blondie. The video equates Moses and the Org, while Korah & Co. are said to represent any and all who might question the "spirit-appointed elders" (designated reps for the WTS), or (gasp!) the WTS ITSELF (OMG!!!!).

It apparently occurs to no one in the KHs that the Greater Moses is our Lord Christ Jesus (most emphatically NOT the WTS) and Korah & Co. represent the WTS, which is doing everything it can to usurp Jesus' God-given position.

Guess I'll be one of those Israelites who flee from Korah, lest I be "swept away in all their sin". (Numbers 16:23-35).

• heathen
    heathen

Even Moses made a mistake that cost him the price of entering the promised land , it's all anybody can do to convince the WTBTS that they made mistakes and continue too. They keep pulling their trump card of being the FDS on people instead of showing humility and asking forgiveness from God and it's members . Showing humility they fear they will lose control but in reality they will only gain respect .

• jula71
    jula71

Great thread guys.....

Ok, if God hardened Pharaoh?s heart, where was Pharaoh?s free will? Did he have a chance? Was God using him to prove how tough he is? What about all the deaths the plagues may have caused? When I was under control it seems like a great story showing God?s mercy and giving Pharaoh chances to turn around. But now I see it a bit more clearly?.Pharaoh didn?t have chance, God wouldn?t allow him to turn, even if he wanted to. The more I read and study the Bible?.the less sense it?s starting to make?..

• heathen
    heathen

Ya know pharoh wasn't a nice guy anyway , his idea of population control to keep the jews population down was to murder innocent babies of which moses was the only one to survive . The egyptians did not desserve mercy and neither did the caananites . I think the main point was made , that the WTBTS uses arguments that deceive . They have taken the seat of moses and now are trying to convince people they resemble the rebellious Israelites with faulty logic .

• Freedom
    Freedom

Apocolypse, you have a very keen eye...driving home the extreme importance of always, always checking scripture. Watchtower's bubble is about to burst. Don't be standing anywhere nearby. freedom

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit