What's the Official JW belief about Marriage in the New System?

by JH 27 Replies latest jw friends

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3
    They think getting married in this system is taboo . Since the end of the world is at hand people should be hard at work selling magazines and messing with everybodies heads over petty and insignifigant issues .

Actually no. Check out the WT studies for April 10 & 17, 2005. Advice for the married and those seeking marriage.

Anyone seen any "urgency" lately? The only urgent JWs I know are the soon-to-be-married 18-year-olds...

• love11
    love11

I was always told that Jehovah would re-wire our brains so that sex was not something we remembered or did anymore.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They don't need the new world for that to happen, married jw's are already living that.

• heathen
    heathen

I've been reading blondies comments you won't hear at the WTBTS study . In it they pretty much say that marriages are failing because nobody listens to brooklyn. According to them the fools rush in where wise men fear to tread kinda crap .

The 144k being virgins is subject to interpretation . The apostle John compared spiritual chasteness to being a virgin in earlier writings. I think the part about defiling themselves with women has to do with making themselves eunich as jesus said that many would make themselves eunich in persuit of the kingdom . Most of the 1st century christians were married and still were considered anointed . IMO .

• Es
    Es

I was always told that yes resurrected ones would not have the urge to want to marry. And that married couples where one couple have died would not be married in the new system "till death do us part" es

• blondie
    blondie

I once followed this train of thought with an elder:

If the resurrected ones are going to be like the angels and not marry

and

the resurrected ones won't have any desire for sexual activity like the angels

then

why did the angels forsake their places in heaven to marry women on earth? So are the angels incapable of havin sexual desire?

w83 6/1 p. 23 Maintaining God?s View of Sex
    God did not create angels with a desire for sexual relations with humans. Yet Satan evidently was able to get some of them to think improperly about such matters. Thus within certain angels a desire was cultivated for something that God purposed only humans should enjoy within the proper bounds of marriage. These angelic "sons of the true God" did a wicked thing, leaving their positions in heaven to come to earth to marry women. (Genesis 6:2) Such action was motivated by a wrongly cultivated desire, not a natural desire put in them by God. Since angels can develop such unnatural sexual desires, we should not be surprised that humans can as well.

Also,

If the 144,000 inlclude people like Peter (Cephas/Simon), would they all have to be physical virgins?

We have authority to lead about a sister as a wife, even as the rest of the apostles and the Lord?s brothers and Ce´phas, do we not? 1 CORINTHIANS 9:5

And immediately they went out of the synagogue and went into the home of Simon and Andrew with James and John. 30 Now Simon?s mother-in-law was lying down sick with a fever, and they at once told him about her. 31 And going to her he raised her up, taking her by the hand; and the fever left her, and she began ministering to them. MARK 1:29-31
  • cyborgVision
    cyborgVision

I've had a
    similar topic awhile ago
    Have look some of the responses.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I remember being taught this when I was only 5 or 6. I remember crying myself to sleep and praying to Jehovah that there would be no accident that would cause my parents to die before Armageddon becuase they wouldn't be able to live in the same house in paradise. It terrified me - the same way I suppose divorce does for other children.

• Will Power
    Will Power

heathen, thanks for the wording of this sentence.

The 144k being virgins is subject to interpretation .

That may be.....so then what about the NUMBER 144,000. this should be taken literally? So a discussion starts about whether they are virgins & the WT gets away with the 144,000 cap, thereby closing the door.

I think the part about defiling themselves with women .....

by reading the bible, the obvious is more like the women are the ones being defiled !

Most of the 1st century christians were married and still were considered anointed .

Isn't that because 1st century christians were considered "adopted sons of God", crying out Abba Father.....the criteria is BELIEVING... therefore saved.

It is the WT that uses sly words, therefore closing the door, making people pay them for their salvation, like a broker.....a mediator....a 3rd party where they don't belong. GAK

AS A 3RD PARTY, THEY CERTAINLY DON'T BELONG IN A MARRIAGE !

WILL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit