What's the Official JW belief about Marriage in the New System?

by JH 27 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

I remember being told, that resurrected ones would't be allowed to get married, although the great crowd who lived through Armageddon could get married if they wished to.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

JH,

I think it's the same position still. I don't like it one bit.

DY

• JH
    JH

I never told an elder, but this teaching was what made me leave.... I couldn't believe that there would be 2 different class of humans on earth during paradise. One who could love, be loved, have sex, and another category who would stay alone throughout eternity....

• JH
    JH

I understand that Angels don't need sex nor do they need sleep or food, but as humans, this is the most evil teaching. To deprive a human being from sexuality and true love and romance. Not to be able to have a family of your own.

This paradise will be nice for some, but really lonely for others.....

• Will Power
    Will Power
    although the great crowd who lived through Armageddon could get married if they wished to.

are you serious? Is this really something written in the WT's policies and procedures manual? -

so since the big A is SOOOON, and since I'm an "unbelieving mate" ....does that mean that my JW hubby that is supposed to survive .... is he now considered a widower? therefore free to marry? He can only choose other survivors then? How many would he be allowed?

this freaking religion is so made up it is not funny.

please show me where they back this up - from the bible

Inquiring minds would like to know....will

• JH
    JH

They use Luke 20:35

Jesus said to them: ?The children of this system of things marry and are given in marriage, 35 but those who have been counted worthy of gaining that system of things and the resurrection from the dead neither marry nor are given in marriage. 36 In fact, neither can they die anymore, for they are like the angels, and they are God?s children by being children of the resurrection.

• JH
    JH

This verse seems to apply to Anointed ones, but no, the elders always told me that those who would resurrect on earth wouldn't marry.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    the elders always told me that those who would resurrect on earth wouldn't marry.

There was a sister in our Congregation who's husband died and she had a real problem with accepting that they wouldn't be together as a married couple if she remained faithful and survived Armageddon.

She became extremely active and a regular pioneer hoping that by her acts of faith Jehovah would somehow bend the rules for them, and she was pretty vocal in her opinion about this too. I thought it was sad and wishful thinking, I wonder if all these years later she is still pioneering? I also wondered how she was able to remain on the Pioneer list with her noncompliance of the scriptures.

• Will Power
    Will Power
    Jesus said to them: ?The children of this system of things marry and are given in marriage,

so this system of things is run by satan - and the next system is not supposed to be ???

so after the end of the world as we know it LOL whose system will it be.... this old? or the new?

cults suck

damn right I'm an "unbeliever" LOLOLOLOLOL

will

• heathen
    heathen

They think getting married in this system is taboo . Since the end of the world is at hand people should be hard at work selling magazines and messing with everybodies heads over petty and insignifigant issues . However I've known many of them that condemned marriage but after awhile they learned that the kingdom was put off so then started running around looking for love . I think jesus did say in the new system there will be no marriage and that applied to everybody but it may change at some point after the millenial reign . Gods original intent was for mankind to fill the earth so it may still be what he wants of the survivors at some point .It's hard to say because many things are undefined after the millenial reign in the bible .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit