KM School, Private "letters", Elders Mtgs, and your point is........?

by upside/down 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• upside/down
    upside/down

I've never understood something... All the political elbowing for superiority and right to brow beat the flock and have a facade of respect due to and unearned, but rather siezed position and the WTS can't fix it with all the "provisions from J"?

I've been to KM school, read the "letters" from "Mother" and sat through endlessly boring bickerfests meetings. All the old timers and the politically motivated and upwardly mobile kiss asses MS and Elders are in such a tizzy to go to these so they can have "one up-manship" over the rest of the flock (apparently being "in the know" is VERY TITILATING).

I remember that MOST of the counsel from the WTS seemed "good", especially that geared toward how MS and Elders should conduct themselves and treat the flock. Problem was they never put into practice what "mother" told them to do, or chastised them for doing. The whole point of the comunique from HQ was missed... except for the endless reminders to "the sheep" of how great the school, letter, meeting etc was and how we'd love to talk more about it.... BUT THAT'S FOR QUAALIFIED BRO'S (and their wives) ONLY!!!

What's the point? What a total waste of time and energy. I know guys that have been elders for over 40 years and they've done NOTHING, but be arrogant buttmunchers. Yet at the same time there are these (albeit few) intelligent, loyal QUIET little sisters that seem have the gift of being able to swallow endless amounts of feces from these same guys, and still "wait on J".

The WTS is broken and their middle-management cleargy "arrangement" is out of control and useless. Like any organ-eye-zation, collapse is inevitable.... how is the WTS going to avoid this?

u/d (of the never got titilated class)

• Shania
    Shania

I fully agree, it seemed like you guys were part of the boys club and no body could not get in because they didn't know the secret pass word.................my hubby hated it in the end. He said they steal your whole week-end just to rehash the old hash. He said "nobody is missing anything, it is so boring it is a struggle to sit there for two long boring days." Of course in his earlier days he viewed it as a privilege, but as time went on and things became clearer, he realized it was a waste of his week-end. Happy to say today he dosn't miss it a bit.

• FairMind
    FairMind
    Like any organ-eye-zation, collapse is inevitable.... how is the WTS going to avoid this?

They will not collapse. As long as there are members who are convinced that it is GODs ORGANIATION, the WTBTS will function. Everything you said about KM information going in one ear and out the other is true. The same can be said about information presented in the WT lessons. I have even seen WT Study conductors gloss over very important points in the lessons when those points pointed out local elder inadaquacies.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

In 40 years the WT will be more political, more hardcore and no growth.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

i really enjoyed elders schools....all the elders there were there for the same reason..to be directed..instructed..updated..encouraged..informed and so everyone was on the same page....i hated elders meetings...constant fighting bickering dismissive of others opinions unprepared disinterested get it over with attitude...i was pretty much the only one who consistently did research and because no-one else did then they wouldnt accept the answer...i remember on several occasions saying to the body that i couldnt envisage the gb getting together and behaving like that...more fool me..the irony etc

• Berean
    Berean

The only thing you get at the "Elders" school is the same stuff, only more "to the point". Articles in the Watchtower are written in a way that the GB and the writing committee can deny responsibility for elder?s actions in the congregations.

Then the CO's and DO's come by and "clarify" what was printed so that the iron fist is applied. Then the elder are the ass-holes and the GB and "Society" as a whole are ?So understanding" and "Kind", and the elders are "tyrants" and "Pharisees" for enforcing the verbal directions sent down ?from above?.

What a racket the Mob running the Watchtower Corporation has going! Russell was right? all organized religion is a snare and a racket.

Berean

• upside/down
    upside/down
    all organized religion is a snare and a racket.

Pure truth.

u/d

• upside/down
    upside/down

bttt...

I'd like some of the "newer" ones to please reply...

THX!

u/d (of the oldies but goodies class)

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

i remember coming back from the pioneer school and an elder in my hall being desperate to look at my pioneer book..cos he was so bummed at not being in the loop

i told him sorry its for pioneers only (but i would swap him for his elders book)

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem
    I'd like some of the "newer" ones to please reply...

THX!

Alright then... In my opinion in most cong. there is always one elder who is really bossy, and likes the feel of autority. (if there are more then one, in a cong, the body is elders is not stable and it don't last long). Then there is one or two wh really mean it very good, and think about the hearts of the bro&sisters. They do research etc.
    But they are never a mojority because the other elders do without thinking just what the PO (the bossy elder) says. If they vote, they just only follow suit.

Danny

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit