Elders Starting To Poke Around... Advice?

by Garrett 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Garrett: I think to myself, they aren't governmental authorities, thus I don't really have any reason to be obliged to speak or explain myself to them. they are just men after all

Congratulations. Once you get this that point it all gets easier!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I think this is a good indication of what JW "friends" are like. They're just more WT "tools" to pressure conformity and sticking with the cult.

Something to remember is that they only have power over you that YOU give them. You're upset now because you still allow them to upset you. And I think we all have been there. WT has a mastery over fear, obligation, and guilt that keeps people enslaved to their craziness.

You really don't have to tell them anything if you don't want to.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Garrett:

STFU!

Do ya get it?  STFU!

Anything you say (or put in email) can an will be used against you.  STFU!

Doc

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

What DoC said above!

Trust me...I challenged points, I argued, I went along with some of the invited "casual coffee chats", and I WAS HUNG OUT TO DRY!

Play it very carefully!

Do not give the appearance of being 'bitter' or 'defensive', just polite and busy. 

• Honesty
    Honesty

Do not mention any doubts or concerns about the organization, the faithless 7 or the crazy doctrines to anyone.

Those doubts and concerns will be used against you and eventually will lead to the LOYALTY QUESTION.

"Do you STILL believe that Jehovah is using the faithful slave and His organization?"

The less they know, the better off you are.

A little over 10 years ago I experienced their twisted version of love when I mentioned my doubts and concerns about the organization, the faithless slavers and their crazy doctrines.

I was set out on the curb for the garbage man with everyone else who woke up to their scam.

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

"I have some serious health concerns of a personal nature--nothing sexual, mind you--I just need to handle this privately, if you'll allow me the space. . . "

"I'm sure you'll understand the need for privacy in certain situations. You'll respect that, surely."

Either of these, if repeated like a broken record, alternately, will suffice.

When you get 'counsel' simply add, "I really hear what you're saying and I'm humbled you care enough to share, thank you." 

See? Nothing commital, nothing disagreed with, either.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Don't avoid them - confront them with what OUBLIETTE said -

"politely tell them something like, "Thanks for your concern. I'm dealing with some personal issues right now. I just need some time ..." Essentially, you're telling them to mind their own business, albeit politely. Be firm"

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    if you do end up having to talk to any of them---just say you have money problems--then ask them to help you out---a few hundred or so.  you wont have any further calls.
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I say stick with your plan to avoid them. If they catch you, then do as the searcher says above. The only power they have over you is the power you give them. Don't give them any power.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit