new information on disfellowshipping

by cr1234 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

My thought exactly, "evilforce!"

• Skimmer
    Skimmer

If indeed the verbal instructions are to root out faders and threaten them with disfellowshipping (and I have no doubt here), then this completely at odds with the written policy: Do you shun former members? Those who become inactive in the congregation, perhaps even drifting away from association with fellow believers, are not shunned. As seen at: http://www.jw-media.org/beliefs/beliefsfaq.htm

• simplesally
    simplesally

I would suspect that if you are single and inactive, leading a normal life, they will assume you are engaging in 'inappropriate' behavior, especially if it has been reported that you are dating.

I know people that moved to stay steps ahead of them but then even they were 'found out' and pressured to do the right thing meet with the elders.

• cr1234
    cr1234

Does anyone think that perhaps there is a letter to elders on the poor people that have faded away? Do you really think that the local elders are going to go back to witch hunts to find inactive ones? It seems to me that there has to be something else written than what is in the new book. I don't see much of a change in the book. Policy seems to be much of the same. If the society is giving out this instruction then someone must have information about it.

Thanks to all that helped me.

• blondie
    blondie

Two points popped into my mind reading these comments:

So does this mean the GB should be disfellowshipped for being a part of the UN?!?!

Does that mean that you can visit a church on a regular basis, only associating as a non-member, and use their library?

As far as elders announcing inactive JWs as having DA'd themselves by refusing to go to the meetings:

First, these are the same elders, 95% of whom do not make shepherding calls.

The only way this will happen is if the elders themselves have a cruel, vindictive side and are self-motivated to do this and a majority of the elders or the ones with the most influence are behind it.

Or if the CO lights a fire under them, putting the elders position in the congregation at risk if they don't do it. I can see a few elders being weeded out by this process as well. I have known some elders to stand up against similar policies...of course they were removed but they finally did not sit back and ignore it.

Love, Blondie

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Love, Blondie

Now that's a really nice way to sign off your posts!

Love Nic'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit