Cell phones.....

by lavendar 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

To be honest, I kind of like their advice. It's easy to run those bills up like snake oil to the natives! Especially teen-angers!

When I was a teen-anger, I *lived* on the phone. If I'd have had a cell phone, I would have bankrupted my parents. These days, it seems like a pre-paid phone, if you're going to have one, is the best choice for teenagers, but hell, if you can pay the bill, have at it!

I have a particular bias against cell phones... so that's where I am coming from. Everywhere you turn, there's cell phones ringing, people talking loud in public places.. not going across the public roadway at WalMart with their cart because they are too busy chatting on the phone and you are waiting for them to pass.. why, even at our local small town movie theatre there's teenagers jumping up and down in the seats and running out because they got "vibrated." Hell, if they were smart, they'd put the cell phones down in their pants and just enjoy the vibrations. <sings> I'm pickin up good vibrations, yer givin me constellations.... Good, good good vibrations...."

I'm out with my husband, on our vacation, and we're right in the middle of a good conversation somewhere in the New Mexican desert, and the damned cell phone rings. I lose my train of thought, listen to him yell at someone at work because they forgot to put some field in the database, and forgot to put a stop code on this or that or the other thing. He's upset, I'm upset, and we just stare at cactus the rest of the ride to Santa Fe.

I'm out with my best friend and the cell phone rings. She's a real estate agent.... it's really ringing all the time. She returns the call, chats for 30 minutes, and then decides she has to get on my Internet connection to look up a house on the Internet. Forget that we have steaks on the grill, she'll eat it when it's cold.

I have a cell phone. Don't get me wrong. It's just that my cell phone knows it's rightful place, and it stays there: in the vehicle. I only use it when I am traveling. I got a little carried away with text messages one time, but God forgave me for that... hehehhe.

I'm sorry that the WTBS thinks that it will take time away from the preaching work.. I disagree with them on that. I think they take time away from valuable human interaction time. Kill me all you cell phone lovers...

CG

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

It used to be that if you had a cell phone you were very important.

To be really important now, is to not have the need to carry one. Someone else can carry my phone.

That's my new mantra :) LOL

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

i agree with country girl...never thought id see the day

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Just about all the JWs I know carry cell phones and pagers. Having any electronic device has to do with personal preference or necesity.

This person just has personal view/opinion. Plenty of technophobes out there regardless of their religious affiliation.

DY

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

"Soon to be condemned by the JW rumor mill!"

alt

• jwbot
    jwbot

I had a cell phone in high school...only one other girl had one and it was a BRICK from the 80s or something. Kids thought I was rich...haha...nope.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit