how much are the JWs worth?

by Jools j 17 Replies latest jw friends

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Theoretically, the Governing Body members live a subsistence existence.

I guess that's why they travel in Limos, have everything done for them, travel first-class all over the world, and stay in five-star hotels.

Not many of the rank and file know too much about this. We've all been told that all of the money goes towards furthering the preaching work, and that the WT corporate executives and GB members live as paupers.

As has been reported from many who have been in Bethel in the past, there are many luxuries available for and expected by those in the top ranks.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Jools, I would be glad to, especially if someone could tell me how many presses and how many units per press, etc. How many Binders, etc etc etc. I'll ask him tonight about some round figures.

Yeru

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

limos??...........this is just getting plain stupid

• Jools j
    Jools j

so you're telling me that, unlike the Mos, there has been no in-depth investigation done of your highest jws? that it isn't known what sort of lifestyle they lead? they really live on subsitance level?
    how can this be? where is the money going?
    nice to bump into you, redhorsewoman : )

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

I didnt say it was "substinance"...i do know that they lead a life that many consider to be a pain in the ass ....like i did.....crap food...crap clothing...etc....the money i would imagine is going into bank accounts and is being sent to to other places....what many people fail to realise....running a friggin worldwide operation is expensive...and equipment and supplies for 6,000 people in america alone dont come cheap...and the people who purchase these things arent exactly the brightest people in the world...I would hardly call them businees savy....in all the the critisim for the leaders of the WTS by UN-BIASED people....living in the lap of luxury isnt one of them

• Francois
    Francois

nyt1: you best your ass they aren't too bright. They can't seem to realize that they have filfilled scripture (Deut 18:22) many, many times over the last hundred years.

But dumb as they are, the rank and file is even dumber. They stay in the Borg when they should just walk out. It doesn't get any dumber than that.

(btw, If Ray Franz says the GB ride in limos, eat in fancy restaurants, and fly first class all over the world where they stay in five star hotels, then I believe it. Ray Franz has more honor in his little finger than the entire population of Bethel has in its entire collective body.)

Francois

Where it is a duty to worship the Sun you can be sure that a study of the laws of heat is a crime.

• Kismet
    Kismet

Every few months I have to post something along this lines either here or at H20. ....

If you are looking for things to get at the Society, go after doctrine, changed understandings, false prophecy, changes in doctrine based on the current president at the time of change, origin of Russell's original theories, failure of charitable works, lack of love. You will always lose when it comes down to the financial matters.

The GB gets no more than anyone else for their service at bethel. If I served in bethel for 40 years I would be receiving exactly the same allowance as Governing Body members. I would be able to 'bid' on the same rooms even. (bidding is not financial but based on years of full time service)

There are no limos, with the odd exception of an exuberant Branch or Congregation trying to kiss GB booty. Yes they are driven to places but there are reasons for that. The least of which are threats made against them, not to mention that most are so old they probably don't have the eyesight to drive, especially not in New York City!!

The rule at the Canada branch is that a bethelite travelling on Society business can only request business class if they will be in the air for more than 6 hours. That means coach for all domestic flights. For a while I was one of three people allowed to book Society travel arrangments and I always shopped around for the best deals as did the other two.

Other financial tidbits. No branch can spent more than $5,000 on a single item without the Publishing Committee's (GB) approval. Any money spent has to have a paper trail showing what the item was used for and who requested it. This paper trail had to exist even for petty cash items. I remember thinking it was ridiculous to get a signed request to spend $3.00, but I had to get it signed.

All financial handlings are above board and designed to prevent abuse by anyone..including GB members.

Don't get me wrong, when the GB travel they are treated very well, but if you have ever travelled for a living you know it gets tiresome after a while. When at home at bethel, they are given respect for the age etc but eat the same meals, have the same laundry days as the next bethelite.

Yes they are given gifts, items and currency when they travel to other areas. It is not expected and from some of their comments to me damned embarrassing for them when it happens (per Jaracz, Barr, Franz, and Barber).

None of the Governing Body have any Real Estate holdings. When they die they will die at bethel or in the service thereof. If not married, most have their wills made with the Soicety as the benefactor.

The current GB are all products of the Society, unlike the former Presidents and founding President of the Society. They truly believe this is God's channel and they are following what has been laoid forth for them by past leaders. That is why since the early 80's there has been no real growth or changes. The leaders are on auto pilot. There are no visionaries on the current GB.

So no the leaders of the org are not getting rich and are not living in the lap of luxury.

Does this help? If you have any questions about this please ask, but please remember that there are many around who are as fanatical as ex-jw's as they were when they were active JW's. You can't believe everything you read or hear. i.e. every few months someone brings up Rand Technology. It is a dead end. Myself and several others have discounted that in the past, but some decide to bring it up all over again.

There is enough to hang the Society without resorting to fabrications and inneundo. Stick to the facts.

Kismet - who aplogizes for rambling and the mild rant but it does get tiresome. This is why I respect guys like Farkel & AlanF who have done this for so long. Answered the same questions over and over. In case no has has said thanks recently...THANKS!

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

oh yeah.....fringe benefits dont only apply to the "leadership"

while serving at Bethel a "sister" offered to fly me to Texas for a wedding.........membership has its privleges.......and being 6'2 and 220 doesnt hurt either

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit