Enquiring minds and all that...

by ConcernedMom 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

For many years my family was the one that brought the wine and crackers.

They came home with us after the memorial and we consumed it later in the week.

In California, we were the family that had open house after the memorial. No special invite required. All were welcome but somehow the wine never made it there...

I actually enjoyed the after-talk gathering. Probably one of my most-missed witness moments.

-Aude.

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

For many years my family was the one that brought the wine and crackers.

They came home with us after the memorial and we consumed it later in the week.

In California, we were the family that had open house after the memorial. No special invite required. All were welcome but somehow the wine never made it there...

I actually enjoyed the after-talk gathering. Probably one of my most-missed witness moments.

-Aude.

• wasasister
    wasasister
    Any particular kind of cracker or just whatever the person shopping chose to buy? Seems to me that if you knew you were going to eat them after, you'd buy something yummy..not ones that tasted like cardboard...

The requirements for the "bread" and wine are somewhat strictly defined by the WTS. The crackers cannot contain anything resembling a levening agent, such as yeast or even baking soda. Where I attended, one of the sisters baked the "bread" from an old recipe. The wine could not be sweetened, but no special variety was indicated. We usually provided the wine because of a family connection to the wine industry. We always chose a varietal red, since we knew there would be no other juice blended in. We'd get the good stuff, because we took it home afterwards, and we liked nice wines. Wasa

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

They were saved until stale and then thrown out at our house. I had tasted both the bread and wine a few days after the memorial...and the bread tasted like licking the bottom of a bird cage and washing it down with the wine tasted like vinegar & ass !

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    and the bread tasted like licking the bottom of a bird cage and washing it down with the wine tasted like vinegar & ass !

Evilf....liking you more and more!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit