hello from Tikrit

by troucul 20 Replies latest jw friends

• troucul
    troucul

Just dropping in when I got some free time. Busy day today. Spent some time in town today. Kids were crazy. I had to yell at them a few times to get away from our humvee. 'Meesta, Meesta, Give me money!'----'NO!, Ishta!!!' (f@#* off)

Other than that, not too bad. The bread they sell down at the bakeries are top notch. Good stuff. Lots of other stories to tell. I feel bad for these guys, most want the U. S. to stay. I hate to see what happens when we leave.

Oh well, got to go,

peace out

• hubert
    hubert

Troucul... "most want the U. S. to stay".

This is what you don't hear in the news, but it's the truth.

Good to hear from you, and that everything is okay.

Hubert

• Soledad
    Soledad

stay well troucul!!

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

I feel bad for these guys, most want the U. S. to stay. I hate to see what happens when we leave.

Ha ha what total bollocks...keep telling yourself that ...you may even believe it.

• avishai
    avishai

I feel bad for these guys, most want the U. S. to stay. I hate to see what happens when we leave.

Ha ha what total bollocks...keep telling yourself that ...you may even believe it.
    He's actually there. Your not. Your sitting comfortably at home.

• hubert
    hubert

Yay !! Avishai.

I"ve heard this before. I know people serving in Iraq, and they all say the same thing.

MOST people want us to stay, ... until the new Iraq government can control the country on it's own.

THE ONLY ONES THAT WANT US TO LEAVE, ARE THE TERRORISTS !!

HUBERT !!!

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

Isn't Tikrit in the "Sunni triangle"? I have to say that Iraq cannot be a single country. This may sound 'religiously discriminitory,' but it should be split up into 3 countires: one for the Sunni, one for the Shi'ites, and an independant Kurdistan. I say this because the Sunni and the Shi'ites HATE each other and distrust each others motives quite a lot (you may think that this hate only exists among the extremists, but it is also among the general populace, just not as extreme). The Kurds in the north never really considered themselves as part of Iraq in the first place, they will be continually pulling for their own country and I think they should have one.

BTW, Good luck there in Tikrit, at least its a good, dry heat, eh?

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

He's actually there. Your not. Your sitting comfortably at home.

so are you.Wtf would you know.

• hubert
    hubert

I agree with you, Classicist.

That sounds like a good solution, but they would have to be strong enough militarily to ward off any foreign power that threatens to invade their country. IE: Iran, Syria, Turkey, etc.

I'm not trying to hijack this thread, just trying to add positive thoughts.

Hubert

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Hi Tikrit! I really don't know your situation...but if you're in Iraq...just BE SAFE!!

Hug from "who the h**l is she"?

Cathy L.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit