Ozzie's Weekend Poll #131

by ozziepost 17 Replies latest jw friends

• love11
    love11

15. Getting rid of the literature was the final fairwell.

Just for reference material & shits and giggles, I wish now that I would have kept all of those books and bound volumes. But at the time, having those books around made me sick to my stomach. So we had an old fashioned book burning at an aquaintance's country property. I didn't attend, but I dropped off all of the books and felt a huge weight lift off of my shoulders.

• Soledad
    Soledad

greetings Ozzie!

I could definitely pick a few items right off the list, namely 7 and 11. I still can't get the nerve to put up an Xmas tree or sing xmas songs. but I love hosting xmas parties!

I guess the flip side of this question would be what did you find the easiest to do? for me it was smoking (cause I already secretly smoked as a Witness) and actually miss the memorial. I always thought that it was an abberation to just "pass" the wine and bread around!!

• Honesty
    Honesty

What do you find it hardest to do?

Gooday Ozzie,

Having Verni over at Passion Fish Tattoo and Piercing draw the Witness Fish on my arse yesterday.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist
    7. Look forward to christmas.

It's sucks, when, at my age, everyone has Christmas with their families, so I can't really look forward to Christmas.

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Other: Coming to terms with the realization that my sister and mom will never be a part of my life again.

Cathy L.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

To stop being so Damn submissive!!

• swiftbreeze
    swiftbreeze

saying the words "truth", "friends" "brother" "sister" etc

looking into other religions

celebrating my birthday.... that was really weird

but it seems like now i can really listen to people and really get to know them without labeling them as "worldly" or having the WT blinders on.

• alw
    alw

g.day ozzie.

after 22 years i still find myself humming or whistling the funeral, sorry the kingdom songs.my wife used to say to me when we were still in, "do you know what you are humming?" and it would be a xmas tune or happy birthday tune, now its "do you know what you are humming?" and it will be a k.tune. what a reversal.lol.

no.13 i still cant shake saying the truth, but i will take blondies tip and in future ill say the lie.

no. 14 brother and sister, i suppose time will help.

mr.alw

p.s. a couple of weeks ago one of my customers said "happy easter" and i said "and you", then i looked up into the sky exoecting a bolt of lightning, but im still here.lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit