First Post

by Mighty Mike 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Mighty Mike
    Mighty Mike

Hey guys,

I am new here and have been for some time now trying to find a JW who is a JW, not someone who was. I am trying to find out the core beliefs of the JW organization, where do they stand on I guess salvation, heaven, hell, judgement, what happens after you die, Jesus Christ, the cross, etc. Thanks for your input.

Mike

• clementine
    clementine

welcome to the board, Mighty Mike!! it's nice to have you here! :-))

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

You can find alot at your nearest Kingdom Hall that can answer all your questions------ even give you a free bible study.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Welcome Mighty Mike!

You can find alot at your nearest Kingdom Hall that can answer all your questions------ even give you a free bible study.

Ohhhh you are wickedly bad purplesofa! Don't do it Mike!

• Bryan
    Bryan

Welcome Mighty Mike!

One doctrine is that a Witness must let his/her child die rather than accept a blood transfussion.

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Hey there, Mighty Mike ~ Welcome!

You can check out quotes from JW publications on some of the subjects you are interested in @ http://quotes.watchtower.ca

Look forward to hearing more from you!

~Merry

• mouthy
    mouthy

Hi Mighty Mike- Well if you study with the JW & then Believe all they teach -you MAY! get into the Paradise earth they tell is coming after Armeggedon. Of course you will have to clean up the earth first -Then after the 1000,00 years you may be allowed to stay- But remember no looking at other women/men/ with lust- while you are here---- No blood- no sports with Worldly people. No missing meetings, must go preach the word of Jehovahs Witness like knocking on everyones door- must not have independent thinking- dont run the brothers down- shall I go on????? Remember now !!!!!!THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE!!!!! NOT THEIR TRUTH ----That will kill you

By the way welcome

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Welcome Mighty Mike!

It's kind of hard when you're an x-JW to explain some of their strange beliefs without prejudice. I still think, if you're willing to read something from an x-JW, who was really "inside" the "higher powers"...who straightforwardly writes about most if not all of the JW beliefs...you should read "Crisis of Conscience" or "In Search of Christian Freedom" by Ray Franz.

He writes with surprising honesty and is not into "slamming" the org. like some anti-JW literature.

Again...welcome!

Cathy L.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    Ohhhh you are wickedly bad purplesofa! Don't do it Mike!

ummmmmmmm........................Sorry!!!!!! LOL I just could not resist!

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Hello and welcome. I've never been a JW but there are both active and ex JWs on here, as well as many other folks.

I knew nothing about JWs 6 months ago, but am learning much from this board, JW information sites such as freeminds.org etc. and others have a wealth of information.

I am learning mostly the painful way ie by watching loved ones get drawn further and further into something which is seriously damaging their emotional and physical wellbeing. I am discovering things too late, as they are no longer capable of hearing my voice. That is because my lifetime friends have learned that I am being controlled by Satan and evil apostates (ie anyone who posts on this site - so that includes you now). LOL,

You'll pick up lots of information from people on here. Good to have you on board.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit