Calling all Nazi war victims

by Camay05 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Camay05
    Camay05

willy_think:

What are you talking about ? What am I suppose to do, not let his mother stay ? some of you guys are nuts. And if you arent going to
    be decent then I guess this isnt the place for me to come to for help with issues regarding JW's.

Sorry to trouble you all.

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Camay,

some of you guys are nuts

Wellll, yeah! We used to be jw dubs.

I guess this isnt the place for me to come to for help with issues regarding JW's.

Sure it is. There's a lot of people here - some are more decent than others. All kinds of people make up a forum. The commonality is that by far the vast majority of us were/are jw's.

Welcome - come back and visit.

If you marry into a jw family - be prepared for nice pressure to join their group. His mother will want her son back, trust me on that one.

waiting

• Eric
    Eric

Camay,

I took her to the hall and they had a special annoucement they read a offical letter from the WBTS (thats really the only time I paid attention) It read something like: If anyone has lost a loved one or belongings that were from the Nazi prison camps please see a elder. I think they want to pay them or something.It seemed really odd. What is that all about..

I'm not terribly well informed on the subject, but I know that monetary reparations for those who were ousted from their property, had valuables stolen, businesses destroyed or families killed by the Nazi regime are under way and that a time limit exists for filing your claim.

I am only aware of this because I was searching the Canadian Government's website for other info and stumbled upon a notice to individuals who had been through that horror that the deadline to file was near expiry.

I immediately thought of an older Polish gent I used to work with who'd retired some years ago, (he had been forced into farm labour at age 13, had never seen his parents and other members of his family again and thanked his luck that he had been young enough and strong enough to do the slave labour and yet survive) and so I called him up to see if he knew of the deadline.

"No problem, Eric!" he told me. The Polish-Canadian Association had contacted him and, as he explained it to me, there is an extended deadline and less personal involvement and hassle by going through a class-action group. It seems to me that the WBTS may be doing the same thing.

And a good thing too, as individual witnesses are discouraged and sometimes restricted from involving themselves in groups outside the WBTS.

Having said that, I'll shove a roll of Watchtowers up my ass if they never make political hay out of this one,

Eric

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Eric,

Colorful language along with the information. "Political hay" indeed.

The Awake! will most likely have an article on how the WTBTS successfully helped poor victims receive just compensation for the pain.

Not your ass pain, however.

waiting

• Eric
    Eric

Waiting,

I am confused by your response.

If the Awake! is likely to have an article glorifying their efforts in this regard this would fit the senario I've postulated.

In that case my wee pucker has nothing to fear.

Did I miss something?

Eric

• eby
    eby

Check out this thread for more info on the Nazi victims issue:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=8705&site=3#102767

eby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit