The next Pope Murdered?

by jula71 13 Replies latest jw friends

• jula71
    jula71

Nostradamus had 'grim warning' for new pope

The pope elected to succeed John Paul II will be assassinated and his death will spark a Muslim invasion of the West that will split the Roman Catholic church, according to an interpretation of Nostradamus's prophecies by a leading Colombian author.

"The next pope elected will be subsequently murdered in central Italy," said Gonzalo Echeverri, a Colombian investigating judge and author of a book on Nostradamus.

"Then comes pope number 112, who will flee Rome because of an attack by Muslims."

Mr Echeverri says the pope will base himself in Avignon, France, and another pontiff will take control in Italy, splitting the Catholic church in two.

"There is a very clear prophecy that says the holy father will move to another place, even warning that the French pope will not be able to stay in Avignon due to the Muslim invasion and will flee again to Lyon, where he will be attacked, according to Nostradamus," Echeverri said.

Avignon was a base for popes for much of the 14th century, another time of grave divisions in the church and Europe.

Nostradamus was a 16th century scholar who made prophecies.

His supporters say he predicted the French revolution, the rise of Hitler and the assassination of President John F Kennedy.

-AFP

That?s some pretty interesting stuff. I believe Nostradamus is a few up on the WT in the prophecy department.

• Brummie
    Brummie
    That?s some pretty interesting stuff. I believe Nostradamus is a few up on the WT in the prophecy department

Any one can be a few up on the Watchtower :)

Nossy is wide open for interpretation, his writings have been reinterpreted over and over. If I remember correctly, they were saying that the end of the world would come in 1999-2000 based on Nossys writings.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

yes according to nostradamus there would be an attack on the american navy in the mediterranean and ww3 would be precipitated before 2003 and it never happened

• fairchild
    fairchild

The problem with Nostradamus is that 1) he was forced to disguise his predictions inside a bunch of quatrains (had he come straight out and written "hey folks look, this is what I see in the future", he would have been killed back in his time. And 2) he 'saw' things which he could by no means explain properly. He saw things such as planes, TV, bombs, etc.. things that didn't exist in his time, so he had a hard time putting them into words.

I do believe that Nostradamus had the ability to look into the future. However, his predictions are usually not understood until after the facts. Obviously.He did make some predictions about the pope, but there are as many 'explanations' to his pope predictions as there are people who have tried to understand them. I hadn't seen this particular explanation yet. Interesting..

Nostradamus intrigues me.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Reading nostridamus is one step (ok, maybe two steps) below mental masturbation. Not that there's anything wrong w any of those things.

S

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

He must have been off by a couple, everyone knows it was the pope before John Paul II who was murdered. Didn't you guys see Godfather 3?

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

The Catholic Church was divided centuries ago by separate popes holding power in Rome and in Avignon ... and centuries ago Muslims invaded 'the West', establishing themselves in Spain.

• Bas
    Bas

that was before Nostradamus DAN . personally I think nostradamus is nonsense btw

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

Hi,

Then comes pope number 112, who will flee Rome because of an attack by Muslims."

The author of this article is an idiot. Pope #111 was Stephan VI who ruled from 885 to 891 then Pope #112 was Formosus, who ruled in 891-896 and died a natural death. If the author meant Pope #212, then he would be talking about Paul II who ruled 1464-1471. He too lived a long normal life. As for the next Pope, he will be #266.

Jim W.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Nostrodamus was just a guy who took a stab in the dark to predict the future and so yes some of what he said came to be but anyone could have predicted that.

I know people who follow him like he was a god of sorts. My friend was adamant that 2000 was the end. Was she suprised when nothing happen that night.

But hey that was a good thought about more of his prophecies were more accurate than the WT.

Brummie your always on the ball.

Love Orangefatcat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit