Hypocrisy@Bethel

by scary21 13 Replies latest jw friends

• scary21
    scary21

Don't know how to do a link but................ Video just posted on you-tube called  Hypocrisy@ Bethel by jwFairyTail

He calls Bethel several times about the Happy@ Bethel.  It last like an hour and a half. Very interesting.  You may want to check it out.

Could someone post the link please......  Hypocrisy@Bethel

• KateWild
    KateWild

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6zRlA-GAvQ

Here's the link, I think he is too aggressive, but that's just me. Kate xx

• KateWild
    KateWild

I only listened to half an hour of it, he was repeating himself and it was getting boring. All the bethelites he spoke to were exemplary and he makes them look good.

I have had conversations with the service committee at Bethel about my circumstances and the were much ruder and unreasonable. This showed them in their true light to me shame I didn't record it.

Kate xx

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

The guy totally missed the one single indefensible point he should have focussed on, and strenuously pushed  - "Why did God's "faithful & discreet slave" allow a pop video to made at various HQ facilities of nearly 1000 Bethelites dancing to rap music - some of whom provocatively shake their rear ends from side to side?

• Virran
    Virran

I just finished the whole video. I do agree 110% with FairyTail but it was still kind of uncomfortable to listen to. I felt sorry for the elders, lol, even though I do know this is way, way hypocritical. 

First time I saw this happy @ bethel video I was sure it was fake, but now I know it's not. I'm dumbfounded about the whole thing. 

i think this whole "JW internet discovery" will be their downfall, they're digging their own grave. Which is a good thing. 

• Simon
    Simon
    I think this whole "JW internet discovery" will be their downfall, they're digging their own grave. Which is a good thing

Unfortunately, it probably won't. The internet is a much more effective tool to market and use to present a lifestyle to people than some rain-drenched soul standing on a strangers doorstep holding out a Watchtower on a cold Saturday morning and saying all the wrong things.

It's natural that we'd want to imagine they are shooting themselves in the head but the reality is that it appears to be successful for them and it's energized their membership over it. Sure, it will wake some people up and they will possibly have some churn because of it but they will also recruit using it as well.

• scary21
    scary21

Kate, I agree about being a little too aggressive. Thank you so much for posting the link.

Searcher,  I think he did.  Did you watch the whole thing ?

Virran, bethel did say they were getting 100's of calls about it.

Simon, Yes I agree, this will not bring them down but they sure do look worldly..lol

Anyway, I thought it was worth watching even if you brake it up in parts because it's soooo long.

• kairos
    kairos

One of my favorite YouTube channels of all time.

JWFairyTale has what it takes!

He engages anyone he pleases and these ones are forced to think. Can you even imagine the conversations at the end of the day between the elders that fielded these calls.

Internet scores again!!

• TakeOffTheCrown
    TakeOffTheCrown

JWFairyTale should take off the makeup and put on a suit.  He just expressed the sentiments of many Witnesses.  These things should not be done in Jehovah's House.

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

I have to say that the caller is way over the top. I'm sure his intent was good and goal was to expose the hypocrisy of the Watchtower Society, but in my opinion (for whatever that is worth) does more harm to the reputation of legitimate critics. This just comes off as terrorizing the volunteers who answer the help lines at Bethel.

While the caller has every right to make his point in any way that he feels will be effective, at the same time anyone that makes me feel sorry for anyone in the Service Department has failed to move WT criticism forward in a positive way.

At the same time I give jwFairyTale credit for his courage and perseverance. On the other hand, any JW or supporter will be turned off by the anger expressed and drawn to support the organization. I just feel that this could have been handled in a more tactful and effective way.

JV

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit