GB need to go back into hiding like they use to be.

by thedepressedsoul 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

The broadcasting, annual meetings, WT articles, talks etc... that show these GB members upfront are killing them! They are not only making a complete fool of themselves but they expect us to sit and watch them, listen to them and then believe they are the direct communication with Jehovah!?!

I can't tell you how many comments I've heard from "spiritual" people that I thought I'd never hear them say, not in a good way! The comments after the annual meeting left a lot of people in shock. It gave a family member of mine huge doubts that I think they're still struggling with now. The broadcasting is making them see like a joke.

This is honestly 100% like the Wizard of Oz where everyone thought the guy was great until the current was taken away! People honestly believed 100% more when they didn't know much about the GB, when they were mysterious and thought that they were being talked to directly by god. Now with the current gone that magic is taken away and people are seeing what they really are. A group of men with no education making it up as they go. 

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Twofold purpose...

..."encouraging" the fence-sitters to finally cross the fence and the remaining loyalists to dig in even harder.

• hoser
    hoser
    I guess we must be fence sitters. Mrs hoser laughs at the way they say jay dubya dot org
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Yeah, it's easy for you and I to say that it's a mistake, but it may well be great for them in the long run.  It will almost certainly push a few out, but people inevitably want someone to follow.  They want a figure head.  Just like the isrealites (supposedly) wanted a king instead of just following the instructions of the priests and judges, many JWs will likely lap it up because it's human nature to want to have someone to follow.

Some will leave, but the ones that don't will be increasingly more zealous from it all.

• sir82
    sir82

The more exposure they give themselves, the more they appear like clueless buffoons.

If I were someone studying with JWs, and I saw a video of Lett or Morris, I'd think "Really? 7 billion people on the planet, and Jehovah decides to anoint these 2 nitwits?"

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

They totally lack the mystic and impressive ability to capture an audience as did Rutherford or Franz.  The new GB seem to have checked their brain at the door.

Doc

• prologos
    prologos
    Bad leaders, Hitler, Stalin kept a mystique, secret aura around them (especially their womanizing) to leave the adoring groupies on their mental hooks. WT propagandists: beware. 
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The O/P is perfectly right.

There was always a mystique, a sense of mystery about  the "Governing Body" (said in hushed tones ) as though they were something special, out of this world almost. Here in the U K we might get a talk at Twickenham every few years from one and oldies remember the power deliveries from F Franz and the aloof style of N H Knorr.

Now there is an overload of exposure of these men. We have the chummy chubbyness of Mark Sanderson, the eccentricity of Stephen Lett (for which they make allowances). They giggle at the misplaced rants of Tony Morris and they accept the plain ordinariness of Dave Splane.......Just like the hometown cong. elders really.

That is it. They are now just ordinary men, and not very good speakers either. It hardly builds confidence. 

• wisdomfrombelow
    wisdomfrombelow
    I love that they are coming out of the shadows. I also hope one day that they will list the writer for the articles in the magazines. Then everyone who reads some that nonsense can see who wrote it and view it in that light. Is the writer single and writing an article on family life? Is he childless and giving child-rearing advice? Is he uneducated and downgrading education? More exposure helps people with see how things really are.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great points made, but sadly, FACTS don't mean anything to the average indoctrinated brain-dead zombie-like drone witless!

They have had YEARS of repetitive indoctrination to "accept everything from the F&DS / GB that they will never allow themselves to go down a critical path!

It is only ones like us that have allowed ourselves to wake up...and sadly, very sadly, we are in the minority...(sounds like WE are the ones on the 'narrow and cramped road'!) 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit