Newbie here......

by lavendar 22 Replies latest jw friends

• lavendar
    lavendar

Hello! I'm new to the forum. I've never been a JW, but know someone who is. If it's alright, I'd like to ask a question from time to time to help me understand why they believe the way they do. I honestly can't understand why anyone would join this org. The false prophesies, the ever-changing doctrine, the weird beliefs, etc. etc. would make me want to run in the opposite direction.

Thanks in advance for your help.....I appreciate it.

• kls
    kls

Welcome Lavendar and sure ask away.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Welcome to the forum. There's a bunch of folks here, some have never been Witnesses, some are married to Witnesses.

Ask away, hope we can help!

Dave

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Hi, Lavendar

Happy to welcome you. This is a good place to ask questions and browse for interesting tidbits. It's also an amazing place to read (and share) personal stories of interaction with the Watch Tower Society and Jehovah's Witnesses.

Many Blessings!

~Merry

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    I honestly can't understand why anyone would join this org.

I can't either, but I guess I was pretty bored and stupid at the time!

• Purza
    Purza

Welcome Lavendar

Purza

• hubert
    hubert

Welcome, Lavender.

I'm not a j.w., either, but my daughter and hubby are studying to be one. That's why I'm here....To ask questions, and get advice to help me cope with the problem.

Stick around and learn lots. Ask anything you want to.

Hubert

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Welcome to the board! Ask away.

GBL

• alw
    alw

hi lavender, and welcome to the site.

you wonder why anyone would want to join the jws org. im sure you would get many different answers to that one.i have been a jw for 22 years, and this last year im fading, not attending meetings anymore.

some may think one would have to be stupid to join, however i dont agree.i dont believe im stupid just misled. problem is you dont realise at first,it takes time and circumstances to understand the hypocracy of the org.

stick around, ask questions,you will enjoy the replies im sure. mr.alw

• vitty
    vitty

A lot of ppl join cos they have simple answers to the most complicated questions. All wrapped up in a nice little book (and that aint the bible )

I was in for over 20 years, and have been fading for nearly a year

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit