thats it! i quit!

by zev 29 Replies latest jw friends

• hubert
    hubert

Good for you, Zev !!

You should have told me you were going to quit. I would have told you an easy way to do it.

Just buy a case of gum, and chew for 5 days.

That's what I did, many years ago. My jaw was so sore from chewing, I could hardly talk !!

Now I'm making up for it. LOL !!

Hubert

Hey "somebody", I'm almost done the C of C book. Thanks

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Tough to do! Well done!

• somebody
    somebody

hubert,

It wasn't me who quit smoking. It was zev/harold. I have an appointment to see my doctor for physical on April 25th because I can't be prescribed anything to help me quit (such as zyban or something) because I feel as though I can't do it. My doctor wants to check my blood and weight and other things before being perscribed anything to help me. I panic at the thought of not having ANY cigarettes. Hell, I panic if I don't have at LEAST a spare pack on top of the pack I have just opened. Even if there is only ONE cigarette missing from the pack I have opened! I have been smoking for 26 years. I don't know what I used to do with myself before smoking. I don't know how I was a non-smoker and NOT be fidgetty. I have tried to quit smoking and the only times I have ever succeeded in practically quitting is the times I was sick with either bronchitis an pnemonia. I was sos sick that I swore I would never smoke again. Once I started feeling better, it was a different story I tell ya. I started craving a cigarette so bad that I actually was literally shaking and pacing the house.

So if you have an easy way to do it, just say it here or e-mail me. I feel as though I can't quit cold turkey. I can try, as I have before. But I can't succeed. At least I haven't the time that I have tried.

Once again, it is harold who has not had a cigarette in two months. It wasn't me. I give him credit that is well deserved!

peace to you and your wife and family, hubert. And there is no hurry to return my book. take your time, please. e-mail me and let me know what you think of what you have read and if your wife read it. Not sure if I talked to you before I changed my e-mail address. I no longer have aol. PM me here on Simon and Angarad's board and I'll send you my e-mail address if you don't have my verizon e-mail addy. ok?

peace,

gwen/somebody

• hubert
    hubert

Hi Gwen, I knew it was Zev that quit, but I got the names mixed up, because I had just seen your name on the post before mine. (I get mixed up easily) Ha, Ha. But, I fixed it.

edited to add: I really did chew gum for 5 days. That was my secret.

Also, chew your nails a lot.

No, don't do that. Ha, Ha.

I'll p.m. ya.

Thanks, Gwen.

Hubert

• bem
    bem

Good for you And congrats on the weight loss, that expells the notion that people will gain if they quit. I've never smoked but I have lots of family & friends that have quit and some that still smoke. I know it's difficult to quit, I do have habits to break.

Dorothy

• prophecor
    prophecor

Way to go Zev!!!

• outnfree
    outnfree

HEY! GREAT NEWS, ZEV!!!

I'm sure praying to Jehover helped, too!

Don't knock it, Joy! Praying to Jehover helped me! (Cold turkey, too!) YOU CAN DO IT, GWEN!!!

Love to all,

Brenda

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Good job zev!

I quit Jan. 3rd, so I'm past the 3 month mark, yay! I've even managed for the past week to limit myself to just one cup of coffee in the morning, so I'm eerily calm like Hannibal Lechter these days.

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

Cool beans, man! Day three is a bear ... as are the next few. After a week or two, the craving dies off. If you've made it almost 2 months, you're home free. Just don't hang around with smokers too much, and fight that urge to bum one when you do.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

Congratulations. Kicking anything you've done for a long time is hard.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit