M y Parents replied for non family business! hurray!

by Crumpet 35 Replies latest jw friends

• New Worldly Translation
    New Worldly Translation

Congratulations Crumpet!

Hopefully it's the start of a great new relationship with your parents. I'm sure it will snowball form here cos you love them I know and they love you I'm sure and being apart is hurting both sides. Keep talking to them and they'll soon realise they're missing out on knowing their lovely daughter and sharing in her life. I'd keep off the sticky subjects like religion for a while though and just chat about normal stuff

Sorry for the red type. I can't figure out how to get it back to black

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

They had obviously been mulling over your first TXT, and this one cracked the shell.
    Congratulations!!! ~does happy dance~

Enjoy the victory, and let it lay (like a fine wine) for a while.
    This is probably not the time to press an advantage, as this is a war of love that will be won in baby steps. However this is a real breakthrough! I hope that in the months and years ahead you have many more.

I'm so happy for you

• under74
    under74

What a great thread to read.

((crumoet)) -Wonderful to hear there's a split in the ice. All the best to you.

• Freedom Fighter
    Freedom Fighter

Hi Crumpet

Like everyone else I'm delighted for you! LT is right, take it slow and steady. I know its tempting to tell them everything you know about the WTS but this can back fire and put things back to square one.

This is a terrific breakthrough and gives you somewhere to start building. I hope others on the board ina similar situation get their breakthrough soon too!

FF

• JW83
    JW83

Hi Crumpet, hugs from the Australian girl! I was so happy to hear your news!!!! You know, now might be the time to push the advantage relationship wise - I wouldn't mention the WTS to them ever unless they ask. Just concentrate on the love!! (hopefully ...) Anyway, you've made this chicky happy!! Go girl!

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

(((((((((Crumpet))))))))) I am sooooo happy for you! A shaft of light through the stone wall! It's beautiful what love can do!

Coffee

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Thanks guys! And LittleToe - what an honour to have you post on my thread wen you've been away so long!

I'm not reading tooo much into this - I suspect maybe my mum had had a glass of wine to celebrate her anniversary, but then again thanking your parents for giving you life is bound to move them isn't it. Isn't it something every parent would like to hear? So I think I chose the right words to move them.

Australian girl - I'd like to press home the advantage but I'm pretty sure they would just back off. I discussed this with my BF last night and we agreed less is more. I've got them thinking about me - thats a good start. I've got them wondering - hmm why is Nina so happy, thats a second good start. And now I'll just let them wonder a little and then I'm going to write them a letter - carefully omitting any mention of the WBTS as someone said as that would immediately flash danger signalls to them and prohibit even the minutest contact. I know for instance that if I ring up then my Dad is going to say he's sorryt but he cannot talk to me and put the phone down - if I ring him. But I also know now that I have touched a nerve with my mum and that after a few initial letters maybe I will be able to ring up and talk to her - although I will have to think of a good kind of family business type excuse so she can justify it to her conscience.

I was calculating last night that it will probably take me about 10 to 15 years and I might be able to get them free.

This is going to be the longest slowest seduction in the history of mankind - the seduction of my family! Its a fun project though and I'm not going to cut myself up if things don't pan out. And last night's result is enough to keep me motivated for months!

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

As far as I was aware I thought the WTS stance of immediate family being disfellowshipped was that contact is ok providing nothing spiritual is discussed...am I right on this or has the thinking or view changed in the last decade?

Crumpet, youve got a long hard battle ahead of you but this is a brilliant result...congrats.

DB

• Golf
    Golf

I'm happy for you, Crumpet. Enjoy and flavor their expression.

Golf

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

I'm well happy for you girl.

I'd like to add my voice to the advice of caution. You can take control of the situation now, a quiet period may get them thinking of when the next contact will come. Treat them mean and keep 'em keen, for now at least. As the txting seems to work have you considered a written letter? As a parent I can tell you there's a special significance to anything written in your child's own hand.

Ain't it amazing what you can do with love.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit