Oh yes, what happened last Saturday?

by logansrun 11 Replies latest jw friends

• logansrun
    logansrun

Well folks, you may recall that I was invited to my sister and her husband's Gilead going-away bonanza last Saturday. Elders would be there. My world would be rocked from it's stable position of "inactive"! Right?

Wrong. Although two elders from my previous hall were there -- and the former Circuite Overseer for that congregation! -- nobody said anything that hinted at a committee or even tea and cookies. I'm kind of disappointed! Do they not love me enough to rescue me from the clutches of Satan and Ray Franz (who, of course, left the organization to start his own religion and make millions)? No!

All went well. Nice to see my sister one last time before she gets malaria in some God-forsaken land. (Kidding..I hope). A couple sisters did a double-take at me. They were like dear caught in the headlights. I could see their wheels turning, "Wait, is he DFd or...um?" Gave me a hug and told me how good it is to see me. "A pleasant surprise!" said one. "Great! Could you get me a beer?" I replied.

The evening ended without nary a word of my "status." Just goes to show you the essence of Zen, which can be summed up in two words: Not always so.

Bradley

• Soledad
    Soledad

cool beans. I was just wondering about you and how it all went. I can see right now the "deer in headlight" looks from those sisters..........LOL!

• Satanus
    Satanus

Hey hey. A report from the field your mission. Glad it went well. Maybe it was the demonic glow in your eyes

S

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    They were like dear caught in the headlights.

They probably envy you. Maybe they'd like to fade and don't know how to go about it. I once got that "deer in the headlights" look from an elder I used to go drinking with, but I just ignored him. Now I kind of wish I took the time to talk to him.

Walter

• Purza
    Purza

Glad to hear it went okay. Did you at least get one martini?

Purza

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

they served BEER at the party??? wow...in my old cong. they wouldn't even get drinks at a restaurant after a meeting...

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Has the fat lady sung yet, Brad? Give them time. They haven't forgotten about you.

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Such bravery. Such courage. Entering the Lion's (scrawny as they are) den and living to tell about it.

Glad you survived!

Cathy L.

• el jarocho mayor
    el jarocho mayor

Joe Hoba of Homies once again bestows protection on the faithful.

• tweety
    tweety

Remember your previous post...glad to hear that you survived!

Dee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit