Has the quality of jws gone down?

by badboy 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Shania
    Shania

The intelegents is way down as well as the morals------I know a hall where they appointed a man that committed adultry and left his family and took of with the best friends wife and came back and 5 years-laterpoof he is good enough to be an elder (he allowed a book study in his home) he is on the platform teaching morals I don't think holy spirit is working over here.........needless to say many left that hall feeling this is a slap in the face to his former family.............I drove by during a Sunday meeting, what once had 200 ppl attending has only 50ppl attending with a handful of cars in the lot...........all the smart ones are moving on and dumb and dumber ones stay............they better start encouraging college soon.............

• logansrun
    logansrun

Interesting:

The intelegents is way down as well as the morals------I

Really!

know a hall where they appointed a man that committed adultry and left his family and took of with the best friends wife and came back and 5 years-laterpoof he is good enough to be an elder (he allowed a book study in his home) he is on the platform teaching morals I don't think holy spirit is working over here.........

"Over here"? So, you're still a JW at that congregation.

needless to say many left that hall feeling this is a slap in the face to his former family.............I drove by during a Sunday meeting, what once had 200 ppl attending has only 50ppl attending with a handful of cars in the lot...........all the smart ones are moving on and dumb and dumber ones stay............they better start encouraging college soon.............

See above comment.

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

They just don't make Dubs like they used to! Seriously, I don't know that the quality was ever that high, I always felt like most of the folks at our hall were at least a little off, either not very bright or disturbed. I can't remember one person that went to the hall when I was growing up that had any eduation or that was particularly bright or that didn't seem to be at least mildly eccentric. And as has been pointed out, when you discourage education and dumb everything down how can you expect to attract anyone with anything mildly going on in the brainpan? I mean, I can just imagine giving a Watchtower or Awake to one of my professors and having them read it. After they got done laughing I think they would say that it was written on about a 5th grade level. Also, anyone of any moral integrity or honor has to see what is going on in the org and have a serious problem with it. I think the ones that are bright and well adjusted that stay in the org (if that's possible) do so as to be a prince in hell rather than a servant in heaven, they can pretty much run the show.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

logansrun

don't be unkind!

consider yourself chastised! (couldn't find the dominatrix smilie!)

• logansrun
    logansrun

Crumpet,

Smiley-winkie wink () was to put a tongue-in-cheek flavor to my comments. Shania, you do realize that I was joking with you as much as I was chastising you, right?

You mean a cute little crumpet such as yourself (with a beautiful smile) could be a dominatrix? Nah, I don't believe that at all.

Bradley

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Way, way, way down!!!

The JWs of the 1970s were more devout, more fanatical about their religion.

Now there are so many slackers, double-lifers, weekend drunks, party animals, young fornicators, and other loose behavior within the WTBTS!!! It's unreal how low quality JWs have become!

Also, I notice a lot more nutties, mentally sick, depressed, many on some type of emotion-altering medications, and plain old people in there too! I'm telling you all, it's a sad bunch lately.

DY

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

Yeah, it's just not COOL to be a JW anymore.

I assume most of the "weaker ones" know it's a cult and are momentarily trapped, leading double lives,etc. Like me!!!

Why are all the annoying 1970's style witnesses (hard core hard headed fanatics) in my family???

• badboy
    badboy

i WAS INSPIRED BY a comment on another thread to ask the Question..

• Room 215
    Room 215

Of course it has.... what do you think would happen if the WTBTS tried to bring back the old eight-day assemblies?

• inquirer
    inquirer

badboy,

YES!!! INDEED!!! That's why when I went back a 2nd time a year ago, I didn't stay there long!

My mum (who always goes psycho when I go on the negative against JW's) even admits it! Even though she still likes to defend the borg (even though she doesn't go to meetings!) She tried to go last time with me and she wasn't very impressed!

EVERYTHING IS A CONSCIENCE MATTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's as weak as dishwater!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit