I GOT A WONDERFUL REPLY TO MY DA LETTER!!!

by Frog 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Frog
    Frog

Hi there friends, I'm just jumping out of my skin with an email I just received from my older sister in reponse to this letter that I posted to my family just last week http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/87881/1.ashx

This is the response I received just now; "hey baby I got your letter. I cant write very much now but I just wanted to let you know I received it and I was very moved. I'm glad you found the courage to write your feelings. I think it was good for all of us. I'm hoping it will help us all to air some repressed feelings. I will write back to you properly very soon but I just wanted to acknowledge receipt of the letter so that you didnt think I didnt pay any attention to it. love you precious, A" (-older sister)

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

WOW thats amazing.. and unusual to get a reply.

she must be a really nice person.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Wow, hope its real productive, it sounds promising, let us know how it goes.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    hey baby...love you precious

awwww...*sniff*

good for you!

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

I never wrote a DF letter but those are basically the words my parents used when I got DF'd. It _is_ a good feeling isn't it?

• Es
    Es

Thats great hun im happy for you hope all goes just as well with other family memebers

es

• Dustin
    Dustin

Frog, I just got through reading your letter. I am truly impressed at the way you told your family how you felt. I recently DA'd myself from the witnesses. While my family generally respects my decision, I understand how hard it must be for you to get over the hurt yours has scarred you with.

I'm glad you got a positive response from your sister. Hopefully this can bring you together somehow. I feel for you, and I'll be thinking of you. They just announced my DA at this weeks meeting, and I can tell the backlash is hitting with my parents. They seem far more cold and distant than ever before. Yet, the empowerment it gives people like us who have been abused by a cold and callous religion when we are able to walk away is the best feeling. I hope you find the inner peace you are looking for. Slowly I have started to once again feel that I control my own destiny. I wish you the best.

Dustin

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

That was a great reply Frog.

I have my fingers crossed that you will get more like it.

Chris

• Frog
    Frog

Thankyou everyone, she is such a great person really, that's what makes it all the more tough in a way. She really does try to be open and accepting but at the end of the day the laws are black and white. I wish she could be unleashed from that burden, perhaps one day she will be.

Thanks again for all your heartwarming responses, it was really nice to have shared my happiness with you froglett

• steve2
    steve2

Hey frog,

What a wonderfully expressive letter. You have taken great care to express yourself with sensitivity to others and I hope they will take the time to think about what you've written and respond with care. I'm so pleased that your sister has given you some early encouraging feedback!

steve2

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit