God and the Devil are both a bit evil

by Bas 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bas
    Bas

I'd like to think of God and Satan as the same power...If you like, God can be evil and the devil can be good. It probably doesn't make much sense to you but I think as reality is as grey as it is (and not black/white), then probably the higher power(s) are/is too. I honestly believe that thinking in terms of Devil/God is not very fertile thing to do. It easily leads to judging people to be totally good or totally evil, and that's evil i think.

Bas

• cheeseman
    cheeseman
    I honestly believe that thinking in terms of Devil/God is not very fertile thing to do. It easily leads to judging people to be totally good or totally evil, and that's evil i think.

I agree Bas. This kind of over-simplification causes one to have a polarised view of the world, warping minds in a way that blinds them from logic.

• jula71
    jula71

Interesting thought. First rule in physics, for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Both not being good or evil 100% of the time but changing roles.

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

when i still believed the bible stories, i always wondered how a cherub could be such an idiot to turn against an all-powerful god who could delete him right away. i wondered even more, how he could get a "third of the angles in heaven" to go with him.

that made me think, either he and his angels are damn idiots who want to die. or they have a good chance to win the heavenly war. i also thought, maybe satan aint that bad at all, and the bible is only propaganda making him look bad to cover gods injustice.

the bible says, we shouln't judge without listening to the other side. so if we got god's written word here, we should also study satans written word and decide which one makes more sense. as the bible doesn't make sense at all, satan's word would have a good chance to be taken more seriously.

• cheeseman
    cheeseman
    maybe satan aint that bad at all

I've always thought Satan got a raw deal. First your God creates you with the ABILITY to become evil, gives you free will just to make sure and when you take the contrary road from the creator he punishes all of creation and tells lies to make you look bad to the humans.

Some God.

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

i'd like to think of god as responsible for all the evil stuff that happens, and satan as responsible for all the fun stuff. after all, god forbids all the fun stuff in his book.

• Bas
    Bas

yeah...and god doesn't have a sense of humour too.. I never heard of a joke he made that was worth remembering anyway...(not that I know of the devil making a good joke)... Yeah, they're both a bit humourless, not the kind of people I'd like to hang out with.

Bas

• Witness of Jah.
    Witness of Jah.

In the thought that not all is good or all is bad I would say that you are right. But I think of it this way... If you have a glass of water and it is clean and pure an you put only two or for that matter even one drop of poison in it, would you drink it? So it is with people they might not be a full glass of poison but it won't take a whole glass to kill you, just a drop. And god is the best exaple of good that we have. So we would never be able to rightly accuse someone who is so much better then us as humans. Not killing Satan right after he rebeled was the best thing that could have been done. Because if he did then the rest of the angles an humans at the time may have doubted god's motive in doing so. Killing anyone who gets in your way causes fear. Therefor people would not have served him because they love him, but out of fear of death. Even if Satan was good would you want to be on the loseing side if god is the most powerful force in all existince then why would you want to go against him? I can not make you chose to serve one or the other but the best thing you can do is chose the lesser of the poisons in all you do.

• avishai
    avishai

Huh?

• Dustin
    Dustin

I've always thought the devil is what God eventually became. I honestly believe that God has become more evil in time as he watches the faliures of his creations. Just a theory I have.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit