CO/ D/O overseers

by NoAnswers 12 Replies latest jw friends

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12
    They move the CO around every 3 years

Too bad they didn't do that with the elder arrangement. There's a few elders I would have been happy to see sent to another circuit. Hell I would have thrown them a going away party

• Scully
    Scully
    Hello guys.... i have a qestion .....hopefully u can help me. Its kinda stupid actually, but if someone knows I will apreciate an answer. Why are circuit / District overseers move every so often ?

When I was @ JW HQ we discussed this in detail with some of the old-timers.

Basically, everyone is on the money:

1. Usually these guys have such strong influence that they could potentially take a large group with them if they join a site like this.

2. Also, if they get into trouble (which has happened in the past) like, adultery or something, the fallout can be especially hard and widespread.

3. Since, they are somewhat human, WTS doesn't want them to get too close to the brothers. They need to maintain some distance to allow better representation of the WTS edicts. Just imagine, telling someone not to go to school, when you know their children and family are suffering as a direct result.

4. You don't want these key men and women to be influenced by the 'real life' that the brothers are going through. That's actually one big advantage of bethel. Bethelites are so far removed from reality, their counsel is always closer to WTS direction.

Just a few things I've learned.

If you already knew the answer, why did you ask the question the way you did??

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Scully... your first quote is from NoAnswers, your second is from ljwtiamb. Or are you suggesting they are the same person?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit