WTS Letter to Elders

by doinmypart 17 Replies latest jw friends

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

Actually the letter is from the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses. It was sent to elders in February 2002, after our last KM School.

I scanned and posted this letter back in 2002, but with the influx of new posters this is a good time to bring this letter back to light.

It discusses Field Service, Inactive Publishers, Shepherding, Marital Problems, Child Abuse, and other topics. Some of the topics in the letter have been updated in more recent correspondence, but overall this is an interesting read.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/tmp/BOE20020318.pdf

If there are any new BOE letters after the upcoming school I will try to scan and post. I also plan on recording the upcoming school.

• FairMind
    FairMind

Thanks! I saved a copy for future reference.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I thank you too and I have saved it too. It is a good letter, especially under Marital problems and Sexual abuse. I made a copy also to give to my ex husband. He can divorce that bitch he's married to and get on with his life.

I appreciated it very much

Orangefatcat.

• Shania
    Shania

Thank you DMP, I have a quick question, do they frisk the Br. at elders school to see if there is any recording devises? The last KM school some Br. recorded the whole thing, we thought that was pretty cool and down loaded it.........but the big boys might be getting wise to this....not that I want you to say how you would do it, just wondering if the brothers make a big deal about it............my husband said when he went you had to have a special ticket to get in.............they act like it is top secret..........Jesus said You recieved free, give free but we know they won't.....

• observador
    observador

DMP,

thanks for reposting the letter. I have a quick comment on something I found interesting:

Is there any reason why your appointment should not be announced to the congregation? If the brother reveals that there is, do not announce the appointment. Return the S-2 form or S-52 appointment letter to the branch office, and provide a complete explanation as to why the appointment should be annulled.

The above is located at the "Elders and Ministerial Servants Appointments" section. Now, remember: the brother has been appointed by the local body of elders (with much prayer...); their recommendation has been sent to Bethel; the GB has appointed the man to be an elder or MS (with much prayer...); but the question above has still to be asked...

For lurkers here: you and me have been thaught for years that these men are appointed by the "holy spirit", remember? How come a question such as the above has to be asked? Is the "holy spirit" so easely fooled by a man? Do you see how this whole thing is one more myth? Do you see how even these men who created and teach this nonsense don't believe it themselves?

Don't waste your time! Take your kids to the park this weekend.

Observador.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

hey thanks I had not seen this and have now got a copy on my hard drive

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

I liked the part about elders not counseling sisters without another brother present. It's mentioned that the sister may develop inappropriate feelings for the elder, may become attached to him, dependant on him. All of that is true, but why no mention of the possibility of the opposite happening? Why no warning that YOU, BROTHER ELDER, may develop inappropriate feelings?

I guess elders are just too chock full o' Holy Spirit to ever let that happen...

Dave

• Es
    Es

The first thing came to mind is "are they for real" had to laugh at the use of photocopiers and to beware of them hehehheh.

• zugzwang
    zugzwang

Actually AlmostAtheist, the letter does say: "This would serve as a protection for the elders, as well as for the sister, because it is possible for an elder to develop improper feelings for a sister he is comforting or counseling." The GB definitely want to remind the brothers that they are morally weak and unable to control themselves around women.

• jula71
    jula71

I have a real problem with the sections on child molesting. For one, the area that mentions the DF'ing announcements, a person that is suspected of child molestation is cast out to protect the flock. (how about the general public?) Second, report accusations to the "legal department" (where it can be properly buried). In that same area it says they will never discourage reporting it to the authorities, shouldn?t that be the first place it must be reported?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit