Bethel: Pathway to Apostasy

by Black Man 72 Replies latest jw friends

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Black Man, seems funny that they didn't want your band to have the word "Beast" in it, but it is funny that they the GB fornitcated with the Wild Beast. Go figure!!

You know several years ago, actually many years ago, I applied on three seperate occasions to enter Bethel and was turned down each time because I was a single sister. I always thought that was such a crock. But with what things I know now about the shennanigins of Bethel life it is just as well. Maybe they just didn't want young sisters giving young brothers ideas.

It is so disgusting to me when I read about these upper echelons being pederasts. I recall one time when I was about 18 years old and my Grandfathr was a special pioneer and he and gram were very good friends of Percy Chapman. Grandpa wanted to take me on a tour of Bethel. Not the one is Georgetown Ontario but the one that was at 150 Bridgeland Ave in Toronto. It was to be our special day together and he (Grampa ) knew I wanted to enter Bethel so he thought having a tour together would be a nice thing and so we started our tour and we came upon a rolly polly brother who was actually cleaning the floors with a mop when my grandfather said to me I want you to meet a wonderful brother, named Percy Chapman. We spoke for a while and after that we continued our tour. Grandpa told me that he was the Branch Overseer in Bethel for all of Canada, and said that even they work at menial tasks. But now I don't know if I believe that anymore because why would a person on responsibility be pushing a mop. Maybe he was just telling me this so I wouldn't ask anymore questions .

But I sure did find this to be very strange.

I read several links that were posted in this thread and enjoyed ready about how the "Mighty have Fallen"

Orangefatcat.

PS. Does anyone remember a very old brothr or the renmant by the name of Brother Curtis ? He use to where all kinds of pins from Assemblies around the world, he looked like a pin cusion. Was jusst wondering what ever became of him. I am sure his last name was Curtis or maybe Chrispin.

ofc.

• Black Man
    Black Man

New Boy:

Oh snap!!! Curtis Johnson was my home overseer - 124 building. And you're on-point.....he is the spitting image of 'radar.'

• Satanus
    Satanus

OFC

Maybe you got there just after knorr demoted him for his homosexual tendencies.

S

• ljwtiamb
    ljwtiamb

Hey Satanus:

R U related to um, ... lemme see ... what's his name ??????

Oh yeah! SATAN?

• Satanus
    Satanus

ljwt

Gosh Nice of you to ask. I suppose i do some stuff that christians would claim is satanic. But, the name is only honorary.

S looking for his pitchfork medallion

• new boy
    new boy

Curtis Johnson

He really looked like that guy in "Princes Bride" & "Dinner with Andre" You know the bald guy with a lisp.--------Whats his name?

• lilbit
    lilbit

HIs name is Wallace Shawn

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Omigod, I just noticed that the girl I fell in love with while at Bethel is in the top left corner of the Watchtower's main page!

http://www.watchtower.org/

(The younger one). Sure looks like her, she's got to be in her 50's but looks pretty good! Apparently she's still there. What a waste.

Randy

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

I was always amazed at how the 400 sq foot room shared by 4 guys could go from a complete sh*t hole to "presentable" and actually neat looking in the 10 minutes before morning worship! Just don't open any closets or you might die from the ensuing collapse.

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

I never had the desire to go to bethal, would rather slam my jhonson in a car door. but a question to those of you who did go, what would be done if you had a small safe in the corner of your room or maybe a foot locker that you could pad lock? I bet this would have been addressed that you can trust all the bors not to steal from you and you should have no secrets from the dubdom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit