Brothers In Good Standing

by Englishman 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

I heard today that brothers who volunteered at assemblies were only accepted on the proviso that they were "Brothers in good standing". I also heard that anyone reproved or DF'd might have to wait for 3 to 5 years before being allowed to clean the gent's loos as a volunteer.

Is that right? What other things are held back from folk who aren't quite up to the mark?

Englishman.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    I also heard that anyone reproved or DF'd might have to wait for 3 to 5 years before being allowed to clean the gent's loos as a volunteer.

There are definite benefits to being a sinner, eh?

Walter

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76
    I also heard that anyone reproved or DF'd might have to wait for 3 to 5 years before being allowed to clean the gent's loos as a volunteer.

So even the reinstated aren't good enough to scrub toilets?

Dragonlady76

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

I've never heard of anyone being barred from toilet cleaning. However, they are usually pretty strict about attendants - minimum Ministerial Servant.

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76
    There are definite benefits to being a sinner, eh?

Walter

...lol....Apparently so Walter.

<------Sinner

Dragonlady76

• xjwms
    xjwms

I can remember after I was publicly reproved I was working at the assembly.

It was when we still had food service. An elder came up to me and said ...

the CO knows you are P.R. and wants you off food service NOW. So go take your seat.

I left the family at the assembly, (after telling them what happened) and spent Sunday afternoon

at a local bar drinking vodka... thinking this is the beginning of the end. I will never forget that jerk.

Got back for the song and had a long ride home

• undercover
    undercover

Depends on the job. Any ole dub can volunteer to scrub toilets or sweep up afterwards. But to watch the money boxes, you had to be in good standing, preferably pioneer or MS. Attendants were usually supposed to be MSs unless you were a parking lot attendant. For parking lots, they used any brother from the age of 13 up who didn't mind standing in the hot sun waving endlessly at dumbdubs who didn't know where their gas pedal was.

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

xjwms: Question for all regarding your statement when the elder came up to you. He stated that the CO knew you were P.R. My understanding is that PR is Public Reproof. Not on reproof but past tense. (Reproved) Once it's said, it's done, over, let's go on. Can anyone correct me on this? Is someone on reproof or has he/she been reproved.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Oh how I wish I could qualify to wash public toilets!!!

• talesin
    talesin

I understood that it meant "on reproof", privileges suspended till you sucked your way back into "good standing".

t

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit