OPEN LETTER TO JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES

by Outaservice 36 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

WOW! That moved me, Gaila.

I can relate to soooo much of your words here reproduced. A very wise former witness told me once that leaving the Watchtower was like grieving after the death of a loved one - all the same symptoms; denial, anger, ect. How right she was...

It really is a circle isn't it? One believes the lies then passes it on to one who believes the lies, who passes it on to one who believes the lies, ad infinatum.

I regret at times all those whom I helped into the organization - I feel guilty for that. I had a Bible tucked under my arm too for 32 years.

Jeff

• jeanniebeanz
  • myelaine
    myelaine

I have to hate the ENTITY behind the WBTS. Satan has a strong hold on the minds and hearts of the leaders of this thankless cult. May God have mercy on their souls. May God show His mercy to those who have come under the oppression and lies that this organization calls "the truth".

Psalms 59:11-12

Do not kill them, that my people may not forget. By your vital energy make them wander about, and bring them down, O our shield Jehovah, for the sin of their mouth, the word of their lips; and may they be caught in their pride, even for the cursing and the deception that they rehearse.

love michelle

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere
    I had a Bible tucked under my arm too for 32 years

Jeff, know how you feel! I was there 33 years and like most, my family thinks I am evil. We can only hope as time goes on, maybe some of our loved ones will get enough of their bs.So sad that organization can do this and get away with it.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I am lost for words

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

ya....

That about sums it all up doesn't it?

Rev

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

((((Gaila and Outaservice))))

Wow ... do I relate to this. This could be my story, too. My kids were brainwashed by me personally and now they shun me because I'm df'd. I sure miss them.

And I won't give in to their emotional blackmail attempts.

((((Love and hugs))))

ESTEE

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

(((Gaila)))

GBL

• Dustin
    Dustin

Gaila, it's amazing how they ruin peoples' lives. It's very sad, and wrecks far too many families. I understand your pain and wish to sympathize with you.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Heya Frog,

True Fatcat about the Governing Body having a greater responsibility, but are they really any different from anyone else in the faith professing to have the truth by teaching others at whatever level they find themselves?

I agree that anyone who teaches harmful material is responsible for their actions. I do think, however, that the members of the Governing Body have a very special category of culpability reserved unto themselves. Whereas most of the JW hierarchy simply do and believe what they are told (a mistake for which they do have responsibility), the GB are the ones actually making the stuff up. They receive letters from distraught people all over the world that show just what effect their dictates are having in the lives of real people, and ignore them or return blissfully ignorant responses. It was the GB that stubbornly refused to yield on the Malawi card issue, resulting in death, rape, and robbery for tens of thousands. Surely they are much more culpable than your local Joe Elder conducting the bookstudy.

I agree that every cog that turns in the machine contributes to its overall working. But the GB are the central cog that drives and binds all the others.

Have you had a chance to read Crisis of Conscience? It is very enlightening on these matters.

SNG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit