OPEN LETTER TO JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES

by Outaservice 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

YOU MAY NOT REMEMBER, BUT I KNOW YOU VERY WELL. I MET YOU A LONG TIME AGO WHEN YOU CAME TO MY HOUSE WITH YOUR SMILING FACES, YOUR NEAT CLOTHES, AND YOUR SOFT VOICES, AND A BIBLE TUCKED NEATLY UNDER YOUR ARM. YOU TOLD ME BEAUTIFUL STORIES OF A "PARADISE EARTH," AND A "RIGHTEOUS NEW SYSTEM" WHICH WOULD BE ESTABLISHED SHORTLY. YOU BEGUILED ME; I LISTENED AND I LET YOU TEACH ME YOUR FORM OF CHRIST-DIGNITY.

I LOVED YOU. I DEVOTED MOST OF MY LIFE TO YOU, I WAS LOYAL AND OBEDIENT, NEVER REALIZING THAT ONE DAY I WOULD COME TO DISAGREE WITH EVERYTHING YOU HAD TO SAY. WHEN I FIRST MET YOU AND LEARNED OF THE "PARADISE", LITTLE DID I KNOW THAT IN ORDER TO GET TO THAT PARADISE, I WOULD HAVE TO WALK OVER THE DEAD BODIES OF BELOVED FAMILY, CHERISHED FRIENDS, AND CASUAL ACQUAINTANCES, BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T WANT TO BE JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES. WITH YOUR SOFT, SWEET VOICES, AND GENTLE MANNER, YOU CONVINCED ME THAT EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE WHO DID NOT AGREE WITH YOU WAS "EVIL". I CAME TO BELIEVE THAT OTHER CHURCHES WERE BAD AND OF THE DEVIL, AND SO WERE THEIR MEMBERS. I BECAME CONVINCED THAT ALL GOVERNMENTS WERE WICKED, INCLUDING MY OWN, AND THAT I WAS NOT TO SUPPORT THE COUNTRY IN WHICH I LIVED. I BELIEVED YOU, I LOVED YOU, TRUSTED YOU, AND SERVED YOU AND NEVER SUSPECTED THAT YOU WERE CAPABLE OF DECEIVING ME.

I LOVED YOU SO MUCH THAT I RAISED MY PRECIOUS CHILDREN AS JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES. I TAUGHT THEM THAT YOU WERE TRUSTWORTHY, AND TRUE FOLLOWERS OF GOD AND JESUS. I TRAINED THEM TO BELIEVE YOUR EVERY WORD. HOW COULD I HAVE KNOWN THAT IN THE FUTURE YOU WOULD STEAL MY OWN FLESH AND BLOOD FROM MY ARMS AND PREVENT THEM FROM SEEING ME BECAUSE I WOULD COME TO DISAGREE WITH YOU? I NEVER NOTICED FANGS OF OPPRESSION AND TYRANNY THAT LURKED BEHIND THOSE GENTLE SMILES. I NEVER KNEW THAT I WOULD BE EXPECTED TO HAND OVER MY MIND, SOUL AND SPIRIT TO YOU, AND IF I WERE TO EVER WANT THEM BACK, YOU WOULD HOLD MY CHILDREN HOSTAGES AND NO AMOUNT OF BEGGING AND TEARS WOULD RELEASE THEM FROM YOUR FIRM GRIP BECAUSE THEY HAD BEEN RAISED TO LOOK AT YOU AS BEING GOD, RATHER THAN MERE MEN.

WHEN I CAME TO YOU, I WAS YOUNG AND PRETTY AND IMPRESSIONABLE, LOOKING FOR A RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD, MY CREATOR. BUT THROUGH SLICK WORDS AND EMPTY SPEECHES YOU CONVINCED ME THAT I WAS NOT REALLY A CHILD OF GOD, THAT MY DUTY WAS TO THE ORGANIZATION-- THAT THEY WOULD TELL ME WHAT TO DO AND HOW TO THINK. THROUGH YEARS OF DOMINATION AND MANIPULATION I BEGAN TO ACCEPT THE MEAGER FOOD THAT WAS BEING OFFERED TO ME, AND BECAME WILLING TO ACCEPT IT AS THE TRUE "SPIRITUAL" FOOD FROM THE MASTER, WHILE ALL THE TIME FEELING THE GNAWING AT MY BODY. FINALLY, I DISCOVERED THAT I HAD BEEN ROBBED OF MY JOY, MY LOVE, MY COMPASSION, AND MY MERCY, AND IT WAS REPLACED WITH A LEGALISTIC, DOCTRINAL FORMULA WHICH PROVIDED ME WITH FEAR, GUILT, AND ANXIETY TO FILL MY HUNGRY HEART. WHEN I SAID, "I WANT MORE THAN THIS," YOU SLAPPED ME WITH YOUR SOFT LITTLE HAND, WHICH HAD NOW TURNED INTO AN IRON FIST OF OPPRESSION. YES, YOU FOOLED ME ALL ALONG, YOUR DECEPTION WAS BECAUSE YOU HAD BEEN FOOLED TOO, A LONG TIME AGO, BY OTHERS WHO HAD TAKEN YOU CAPTIVE TO THEIR DICTATORIAL REIGN OF TERROR. YOU CONVINCED ME THAT THE WORDS OF MEN WERE THE WORDS OF GOD BECAUSE YOU REALLY THOUGHT IT WAS TRUE. I BELIEVED YOU BECAUSE YOU WERE GENTLE, SOFT SPOKEN, AND CARRIED THE BIBLE UNDER YOUR ARM.

YOU TOLD ME THAT YOU HAD "FREEDOM" AND IT WAS ONLY LATER, WHEN I TRIED TO ESCAPE YOUR BRAND OF "FREEDOM" THAT I DISCOVERED THAT THE IRON BARS OF THE GATE HAD BEEN SHUT AND I WAS AT YOUR MERCY BECAUSE, BY THIS TIME, YOU HAD ALREADY GAINED CONTROL OF MY MIND AND MY EMOTIONS. I CRIED AND BEGGED YOU TO PLEASE LET ME GO, AND YOU SAID, WITH YOUR FIRM, ROARING VOICE, "NOT UNTIL I HAVE STRIPPED YOU NAKED", AND YOU DID! YOU STRIPPED ME OF MY DIGNITY, MY SELF-RESPECT, MY HONOR, AND MY 'FAMILY'. YOU TOLD ALL MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY THAT I WAS DEMONIC, EVIL, AN APOSTATE, A SPIRITUAL FORNICATOR, AND GOOD FOR NOTHING BUT TOTAL DESTRUCTION BY YOUR ANGRY GOD WHOM YOU HAD TRIED TO PASS OFF AS A GOD OF "LOVE". THEY BELIEVED YOU, AND THEY STILL BELIEVE YOU, BECAUSE THEIR EYES ARE BLINDED BY THE PROMISE OF "PARADISE", AND THEY CANNOT "SEE" THE HELL THAT SURROUNDS THEM. THE EVER ILLUSIVE "PARADISE" IS HELD OUT TO THE GULLIBLE LIKE A CARROT IN FRONT OF THE NOSE OF A RABBIT, AND CAUSES THEM TO SACRIFICE THEIR FAMILY, FRIENDS, CAREERS, EDUCATION, HOPES AND DREAMS ON THE ALTER OF THE WATCHTOWER BIBLE AND TRACT SOCIETY.

NOW, I'M OLDER, NOW I'M WISER, BUT NOW IT IS TOO LATE -- LIFE IS FAST SLIPPING AWAY. THROUGH MY TEARS, I CRY OUT FOR MY BEAUTIFUL DAUGHTER AND GRANDCHILDREN, BUT YOU GRIP THEM TIGHTER AND TIGHTER AND TELL THEM THAT 'YOU' WILL BE THEIR "MOTHER'! AND SO YOU ARE, AND SO YOU ARE! I BEGGED TO RECAPTURE MY HONOR AND DIGNITY, BUT YOU LAUGHED WITH YOUR BRIGHT SHINING TEETH, AND SAID, "NO WAY, YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN." SOMEHOW THOSE SOFT, PRETTY WORDS WEREN'T SOFT AND PRETTY ANYMORE, BUT WORDS OF SLANDER, ABUSE, HATRED, AND HOSTILITY -- AND YOU SAID THEM IN SUCH A WAY THAT OTHERS WOULD THINK THAT YOU WERE 'RIGHTEOUS' AND I WAS 'EVI;'. YOU LIED ABOUT ME, BUT NOW ONE WILL BELIEVE YOU 'LIED' BECAUSE THEY TRUST YOU -- THAT'S BECAUSE YOU ARE SOFT SPOKEN, GENTLE, AND CARRY A BIBLE TUCKED NEATLY UNDER YOUR ARM.

GAILA NOBLE, ARIZONA

I think a lot of us car relate with Gaila and our heart goes out to her.

Outaservice

• fairchild
    fairchild

Wow, that is truly heartbreaking.

• Frog
    Frog

Oh outtaservice I feel the pain you have expressed in your words, I'm certain that everyone here does. It is a very important process for you to undertake to write these feelings out, it will help you in the long term to deal with your pain.

I guess the only thing I can say is that although we feel like these people are the enemy, we were once one of them. It is hard to know exactly where to place the blame in this situation, at the end of the day we are all just trying our best to live true to ourselves. Your having been brave enough to do that is a sign of a person with a strong sincere character, that is why I'm sure you will make it through this:-)

I wish I could find some more comforting words for you right now, please know if you ever want to talk you can message me anytime.

Luv to you from v xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I do hope that your friend sent this letter to the Governing Body and got some satisfaction although temporaily and they squirmed when they read it.

I just wonder how many people send these kinds of letters to the Organizaion and by Organization I mean the members of the Governing Body as they claim they are the ones who despense the food at the proper time and are the right hand of Christ Jesus.

luv Orangefatcat

• Frog
    Frog

whoops! Gailia & Outtaservice are two different people?!

• orangefatcat
  • Frog
    Frog

True Fatcat about the Governing Body having a greater responsibility, but are they really any different from anyone else in the faith professing to have the truth by teaching others at whatever level they find themselves? elder, ms, pioneer, publisher...when you see them as individuals as we once were it is difficult to place such heavy blame, when you see them collectively it is a different matter, so who is in fact responsible for structure of the org, how far back do we go to figure that out? perhaps we could blame god himself, if he in fact even exists, for allowing such a false misrepresentation of truth?

v

• kazar
    kazar

Gaila,

It has been a long time since I corresponded with you. Much has happened to me also. I live in Baltimore and I met you through corresponding with an ex-witness named Bette (with whom I have also lost touch). Anyway, I am so sorry to hear that you are still in pain. You were always so confident! Please do not give up. You sent me tons of literature to help me. It stayed on a shelf in the back of my mind. I never got free until a few months ago when I accidentally came onto this board. This board is what helped me make the complete transition although you gave me the start. I thought about you often and wondered what and how you were doing. .

I empathize with you, Gaila. I have children that I raised to "always believe in Jehovah". I am so thankful they never did. Gaila, please don't despair. Those on this board will give you the support you need.

If there is anything I can do for you, let me know. email me.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I believe Frog that the Governing Body are very much so responsible for the lives of JW.s

It is at their instance that they claim to be the Faithful and Discreet Slave or the Remnant. I feel they are responsible for destroying so many lives and even to the point were some dear witnesses have committed suicide. Some have suffered extreme breakdowns causing I dare say a huge majority to be on anti depressants and tranqulizers. What about the thousands of cases of pedophila. Where did it start. Right in the very ranks of the Governing Body. Example I am calling to mind was that of Leo Greenlees, now deceased, but nonetheless responsible for many many heartbreaks in the Organization. It is true in the end the Governing Member has to answer to God and Christ at the end of their lives.

I mean this is my opinion and would never impose how I feel unto anyone else

LOVEOrangefatcat

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

Only someone who has walked the path of a JW can say what she said ... and only those who have likewise been there, and done that, can truly relate to what Gaila has said. She captures in a nutshell the real tragedy of Watchtower spiritual seduction which hides its real abuse of good people. - Jim W.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit