Send money to KH in lieu of flowers.

by Jack Miller 16 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Jack Miller
    Jack Miller
    "In lieu of flowers send money to the Kingdom Hall"..... Wow.... This young woman's JW servant husband was caught cheating on her again with another JW "sister", but when she told her husband she wanted to forgive him again and continue with her marriage, he told her he didn't want that.  He wanted her to simply move on with her life.
    Here is how she moved on:  She put on her wedding dress, got into her car in the garage and started it.  Do you think finding her this way spoke louder than any suicide note?  It is a shame that this org makes people have such low self-esteem.  I wonder if the elders had her doing chants as they are taught to do for those contemplating suicide.
    The obituary mentioned predeceased pets.  She wanted children but had none has her husband wanted none.  He was recently DF for cheating with a sister.  This sister that cheated with her husband was only publicly reproved.   

Sad that her funeral can not be at the KH because of it being a suicide, but money is still requested to be sent there.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/theadvocate/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=174024003

obituary

• millie210
    millie210

This is indescribably sad on so many levels it boggles the mind.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Too bad she simply could not move on with her life without the a$$hole hubby and all of the "fake" JDubs.

Doc

• Simon
    Simon

So they refuse to bury her but are happy to pocket the money. Unbelievable.

So sad that they failed yet another sad soul and drove them to this.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Jesus h christ that is sick.  To accept that money?!?!?! Whos idea was that....
  • William Penwell
    William Penwell

So they refuse to bury her but are happy to pocket the money. Unbelievable.

They will conduct the service but it can't be at the Kingdum Hall. Still her contribution went toward building the KH but she is not good enough to have her memorial service held there.

• under the radar
    under the radar

This is so sad it's beyond words.  If she could have gotten the help and support she needed, maybe she could have "moved on" with her life and found someone worthy of her.  I guess we never truly know what's going on in a person's mind.  It's so hard to tell when someone is nearing the breaking point.

You can't directly blame the Society for this tragedy, but I have no doubt that years and years of being made to feel "you're not doing enough" and "you'll never be good enough" took their toll, and her marital situation was just the final straw.  The Society's policy of always demanding more and more because the big J is never satisfied with your efforts is enough to wear anyone down.  If a person already feels crushed by the Society's ever heavier load of guilt, it's easy to see how one more blow to their psyche can spell disaster.  Unfortunately, this is not a particularly rare occurrence.

I wonder whose idea it was to solicit contributions to the KH in lieu of flowers.  What a waste!  You know it'll wind up going to the Society in one way or another.  I realize flowers die quickly, but their beauty may have been of some comfort to her family, especially if they knew which ones she especially liked.

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

"You can't directly blame the Society for this tragedy"

Yes you can, for the reasons outlined in your post.  The indoctrination took its toll.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8
    And there will be idiots donating to the Kingdom Hall...
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I wonder if was the asshole husband who made the obituary asking to give money to the Kingdom Hall, thinking he might as well exploit this for his own advantage. $$$  

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit