how close are humans to a world-wide power outage?

by doogie 23 Replies latest jw friends

• FairMind
    FairMind

doogie, go to this link http://www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net/

There are some mitigation factors to the viewpoints expressed at this link, such things as ethanol power (alcohol from biological and renewable sources) and the three hundred year supply of coal the USA has (dirty source). In my mind the real problem is that mankind has waited too late. The time needed to convert the world to viable alternative fuel sources is longer than it will take for the oil supply to diminish to disastrous levels.

FairMind

• doogie
    doogie

FairMind:

...and just as i was starting to calm down from that other article. jeez... the link you provided lost me a bit towards the end, but much of it appears so credible that it's hard to completely disregard. i guess if these articles are correct, we'll know within the next 5 years or so. if nothing happens by then, we'll know they don't know what they're talking about. that reference to Marion Hubbert's Peak (or whatever it was called) was pretty frightening. i'll have to look into him some more.

this is the scariest thing i've ever read about. shoot...maybe it's time to start working on that bomb shelter after all.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I hope that at least some untapped oil is discovered in Asia, so that we don't have an "oil crash". But I'd hate to see them find so much that the price of oil goes down to 10 bucks a barrel or something. Necessity being the mother of invention and all, and the unabated use of fossil-fuels has already had enough of an adverse impact on the environment, we don't need any more of that.

• cyborgVision
    cyborgVision

I don't think it is as far fetched as it may seem. I doesn?t mean though that humans can't do anything about it. In fact humans already did something about it about 80 or so year ago. And a person who did it was Dr. Nicola Tesla. When he died FBI stormed his hotel room and confiscated all his research papers, which haven't been made public to this day. Rumors are that Tesla was about to reveal completely free source of energy for everyone to use. In fact, at the time he even doubted Einstein's theory of relativity which NASA has just recently started to confirm how far Tesla actually saw.

Whether, we as public will ever benefit from it is another matter. And it is true, oil is running out. You don't hear it only from scientists but major business analysts are pointing the same. So it's not as far fetched as you might think it is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit