JW Mother Mourns Pope's Death

by homme perdu 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• homme perdu
    homme perdu

I was surprised to discover how my mother felt about the passing of the Pope. She mentioned even though he is different (regarding religion) he is still human and death is always something painful. I overheard her discussion with my grandfather and she said he did good things and Jehovah can grant him resurrection. It seems she is displaying the love Jesus taught. I hope she doesnt share her view with other JW, I think that can get her in trouble.

• clementine
    clementine

well, the way she seems to live the pope's death is a good point for her.. if she thinks that jehovah can grant him resurrection, that's really great! most of JWs believe that ONLY JWs can have this hope. i think that's a proove that she begins to think differently. of course, that can get her in trouble if she talks about that to other Jws, but perhaps the way they will react to her (own) opinions will make her think more... i hope so!

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Slightly off topic here but I thought the JW stance was that everyone will be ressurected who have died irrespective as to their beliefs; some to a ressurection of life and some to a ressurection of judgement. Cant remember too much to be honest but the general consensus was that everyone who dies before the big A will get another chance!

Am I right here or not??!!

DB

• jwbot
    jwbot

Your mother definitely is showing the love that Jesus taught. She sounds reasonable and....human. Something that some JWs and the religion lacks.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Cant remember too much to be honest but the general consensus was that everyone who dies before the big A will get another chance!

No Sorry that is wrong- They believe if you heard the truth ( their truth) you dont get another chance

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

My mom was sympathetic about the Pope's passing also, saying he tried to do the right thing...my mouth about dropped to the floor!

• Mamacat
    Mamacat

My mom was complaining about how the news is all centered on his death and will be for the next few weeks.

I told her it's sad when anyone dies, and she didn't agree that applied to the Pope.

I'm glad your mom has common human decency and compassion.

• prophecor
    prophecor

...most of JWs believe that ONLY JWs can have this hope. i think that's a proove that she begins to think differently........
    I believe there may be many within OZ who don't believe being a Jehovah's Witness is a pre-requisite for having God's eternal blessings, the resurecction, his grace and mercy being associated with their lives. Some may quietly know better than to believe that presumptuously.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Good for her . She is showing compassion and love. Something a hard core JW is not capable of doing.

Slightly off topic here but I thought the JW stance was that everyone will be ressurected who have died irrespective as to their beliefs; some to a ressurection of life and some to a ressurection of judgement. Cant remember too much to be honest but the general consensus was that everyone who dies before the big A will get another chance!

DB

It is the official stance of the blasphemous and deceitful Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses that ex-JW's, clergy of other religions and everyone who has heard or studied with the dubs about Joe Hoba are not going to be resurrected. A lot of JW's doubt this truth as put forth by those apostate bastards (Simon, this is in all the dictionaries and is not a vulgar word) and have their own thoughts regarding this issue. As for myself, since I am an outspoken critic of the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses and their false doctrines, Joe Hoba is going to personally zap me out of existence when at Armageddon and he is going to keep me alive just like he did Egypt's Pharoah. That's what one elder told me and since the elders are appointed by Joe Hoba's spirit he must be right. This is all I've got to say about that:

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

As far as I know, resurrection is for all mankind that found dead before Armageddon.... except when you have committed the ultimate sin against Jehovah himself....

(turning your back to him after being babtised, for instance......)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit