14 year old rejected by father for not becoming jw

by orbison11 31 Replies latest jw friends

• beebee
    beebee

It seems that some (not wishing to at all imply all dads) dads, after a divorce, can use the excuse "well her mother brainwashed her" when their child doesn't fit the mold he has for her. We aren't JWs, however my girls are going through a twisted version of this too.

The oldest, who has been living with him the last year and a half (long story as to why...) needs to stay until June to graduate from high school but he wants her out now because he has a new girlfriend living with them and her daughter is prettier, better student and mostly doesn't ever talk back (she's told my daughter she's scared of her mother and from what I hear, for good reason). My daughter stands up to him. Now he wants her out now, but I live 5 states away so he needs to keep her until June. The drama is unbelievable.

The younger daughter lives here, and he was so abusive to her last summer (he's a drunken ass) that she had a break down when she got home. She wants nothing to do with HIM and hasn't been back. For him, he tells everyone all is well and that she's been "too busy" with her school, theater group and work to visit. Yet he knows differently and doesn't even call her to chat.

I, of course, have brainwashed the girls to have no respect for adults and the size of his wallet.

I hope your granddaughter understands this is no failing of her own. On one level, she probably gets that, but there's a little girl in her that is still very likely hurt. They all want a good "daddy," too bad they don't all get one.

For ANY reason, rejecting your own child for being different from you is just wrong!

• sad and lonely
    sad and lonely

frist i need to say this...bryanyou can't judge every one whos a witness,thinking they all are alike or believe the same...i know peole from different religions that disagree in their own teachings...so its the same with being a witness...i am a witness though i haven't been congregating in years...(my choice!)..i couldn't see myself dissing my kids..and i don't think i would ..even if it mean me being disfellowshipped...because thats a minor and he needs his parent..i can se if is an adult child..they can take care of themselves...still if i have a good relationship with my adult kid...and he/she was put out..i would still deal with my kid..and on one could tell me not to!there are people including witnesses..that has their own mind..i'm one of them...because only god can judge..but bryan...news flash baby!....there are other religions that teaches he same thing.again..i agree that i wouldn't disowned my babies for on one.still look at abraham he was ready to kill his child for god...who any of you do that if god told you to?it is in the bible to disfellowship a person whos going against god laws and refuse to change. but again..i couldn't treat my child like that!,and i hope that child has someone to fall back on.i wonder how it would have been if it was a mother..since we suppose to have the stronger bond.anyway...no ones perfect i don't care if they call themselves..preacher,pastor,deacon,or fathers,everyone sins.and i hope the dadis doing his best not to fonicate,commit adultry or anything eles thats against god..if so then he'll feel what his sons feeling!i feel gods will still be with the child!

• avishai
    avishai
    still look at abraham he was ready to kill his child for god...who any of you do that if god told you to?

So, riddle me this, Why is Abraham so cool and loyal for doing this, and yet the Pagan's who sent their children into the valley of hinnom to be sacrificed for the same reason are "bad"?

Why is it that JW's who sacrificed their children over the vaccine doctrine and and the transplant doctrine before new light are different than the parents who sent their children into the Valley of Hinnom?

• orbison11
    orbison11

wow, thank you all so much for the posts, they all felt like a hug!

i am hoping my dtr will contact me soon, we have a distant relationship at the moment, and if so i will give her this link if she so wishes.

i am sure she will find comfort in all of your kindness.

wendy

• pleaseer2001
    pleaseer2001

Hey orbi,

I was well 15, when my mom packed my things in two garbage bags and sent me out...I thank every day I had family that were not dubs!!! I feel for her and understand the pain. I hope all is well and feel free to pm me any time!!!

P2

• avishai
    avishai

and i hope the dadis doing his best not to fonicate,commit adultry or anything eles thats against god..if so then he'll feel what his sons feeling!i feel gods will still be with the child!

What do you mean? How does that change anything?

• Mary
    Mary

What a prick. Amazing how these co-called Christians really are more like the Pharisees than Jesus. Didn't the Pharisees condemn Jesus for not shunning those who they thought were unworthy of their time?

• beebee
    beebee

I still cannot comprehend the concept of such a drastic punishment of a child who is not making an adult decision. I could understand the parent who rejects an adult child who won't live by their standards. This happens all the time, for example if an adult child is an evil criminal or drug addict. Some parents do not reject their child under any circumstances, some do. And yes, I see a significant difference between a person not accepting a religion vs a person doing very evil things. But the rejection of an adult child, and why or why not, is an argument for a different thread.

But at 14 we are dealing with a child. A child who still needs love and guidance from both parents. Stupid father here who rejects a child for a decision she may still make (or not...but she is still a kid now and deserves a break). Kids, especially teens, make a lot of decisions that don't please their parents, however most grown into good adults despite their youthful errors. (and yes, in this case "error" is used broadly since whether or not she is making an error is a matter of opinion).

Why do they insist on requiring baptism earlier and earlier in life, instead of REQUIRING it to be an adult decision made with some maturity under the belt? Oh yeah..that would be logical....sigh...

• Bryan
    Bryan

sal:

bryanyou can't judge every one whos a witness,thinking they all are alike or believe the same.

It is exaclty what the Watchtower Bible & Track Society teaches, and is what any "good witness" will do.

i am a witness though i haven't been congregating in years...(my choice!)..

Sorry, you need to look at the fine print. If you haven't been to a kingdom hall in years, I doubt they consider you a witness.

I haven't been in years, I am not DF'ed nore DA'ed, and my dayghter shuns me.

So what were you saying?

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    shunning a child for NOT choosing to get babtised ?? crazy.

that's against their own rules I think....

My mother pulled that mess. In fact the whole org does. If you get baptized, nothing but good things will happen. If you don't get baptized, you will die for not making your dedicattion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit