I'm writing my disassociation letter to the elders. Any advice on wording?

by swiftbreeze 17 Replies latest jw friends

• willyloman
    willyloman

The one DA letter most likely to be read all the way through:

Dear Elders,

F*** you and the horse you rode in on.

Sincerely,

Joe Publisher

p.s. Take my name of your list.

• Grace
    Grace

When I wrote mine, I simply stated I no longer wish to be considered one of Jehovah's Witnesses. The way this cult (spearheaded by the elders) treated me, I did not feel they were worthy of a more detailed reason. Nor did I allow them into MY home where I pay the mortgage to chastise me. Eventually the phone calls stopped when I said to one elder, "I am assuming this will be the last call you make to my home?" And he finally respected that.

Don't offer any courtesies by further reasons. You'll leave them a hole to crawl through and back into your life.

Grace to you.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Mine was really simple. They arent going to read it anyway. I just wanted the announcement.

GBL

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

[Your Name] [Street ? City ? State ? Zip Code]
    [Phone # ? Fax phone # ? Messages phone # ? Email]

[Date today]

Watchtower Sales Dept
    [Address]
    [Address]
    [Address]

Dear [Recipient's name]:

Please accept this letter as my notice of resignation, effective [date].

This wasn't an easy decision, because I am eternally grateful for the hours and hours of non-paid sales work that you have allowed me to do, thus enriching yourselves and preventing me from foolishly wasting my time getting an education having a family or building a career. The time that your sales company has allowed me to spend in the company of liars, egomaniacal janitors and known pedophiles has been truly rewarding! I look back on all the "lost" years and am overcome with emotion to be ending such a wonderful and rewarding period of my life! I know that as I move forward in life the WBTS will continue to keep my best interest at heart by making sure that I'm saved the heartache of the continuing problems of friends and family by not allowing any of these people to ever speak to me again! This is truly a loving gesture and I can only hope that one day I shall have the occasion to show my appreciation in kind... I have thought long and hard about this decision after all what other job has the fringe benefits that the WBTS offers? To be able to witness the coming day of gods psychotic rage when he unleashes his dreaded powers against babies and children not to mention billions of innocents who have never even heard of jehover will truly be a sad thing to miss! Imagine not seeing the crows eating the eyes out of the six billion corpses that will be piled in heaps because they didn't want to buy your product! I think of the smell's that I will miss and feel such emotion that I just wish you were here so I could share it with you personally!

In closing I know that this was a hard decision to make but now that it has been made please consider it final. I will not be working the customary two weeks as my situation will not allow it.

Sincere thanks and best wishes for the future,

[Sign here]

[Your name, title]

cc [Names for copies]

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

Sometimes the healing is in the writing itself.

You could write a letter and post it here (or not). I doubt the elders would actually read it if you handed them a multi-page letter. And like several others have noted, it might come back to haunt you.

-Aude.

• Aaac
    Aaac

Here in the Nordic countries (Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Iceland) you do not neet to meet with the elders if you want to DA you. You can just go to a magistrate ("civil office") and fill in a form. JW's do not have the right to take contact with you after that (though they will try and do it to ensure). So simple! I did it a few months ago. It is official, law-bound and civilised. I hope, you will some day have the same human rights as we have here.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

If you really want them to read it, keep it short and sweet.

DY

• Gerard
    Gerard
    If you really want them to read it, keep it short and sweet.

Yep. How about something short and down to the point...something like:

Dear: Joe #*&%$@ Smith

Take my name off your #*&%$@ list. I've had it with you and and the CrapTower's #*&%$@.

I look forward to the rest of my life while you look forward to the end of yours.

Sincerely,

XXXX

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit