Secret Watchtower Writer Exposed

by jst2laws 13 Replies latest jw friends

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Watchtower Writer exposed

Sat through the Watchtower today, both my wife and I grumbling under our breath, “this is a joke”.

“We today have clear evidence that this foretold enthronement
    took place in 1914.” Par 1

WT 1971, “more clearly identified the modern’day Governing
    Body”. I was at Bethel then, and regardless of what was
    identified, Pappy was definitely still in charge.

“The restoration of proper oversight greatly strengthened the
    Christian congregation.” Par 4

“the Devil unleashed a wave of unprecedented persecution” Par 5

“Jehovah’s Witnesses have been blessed with increase” proceeds
    to use tools of flawed reasoning to cover up reality and
    make it look as if there is no late growth problem. Par 8

Then quotes 1950 WT “God is now getting ready a new world
    society … This nucleus will go through Armageddon,… the first on
    the field of action in the ‘new earth’…, organized
    theocratically, knowing organization procedures” Par 8 . This
    reminded me of the CO just 3 months ago telling me his “love is
    expressed by supporting organizations policies and procedures.

What a big JOKE. Everyone was accepting this as words form God. JOKE! JOKE! JOKE!

Who could write such a JOKE? THEN I DISCOVERED THE SECRET WRITER.

He is in the picture on page 18 looking straight at the camera SMILING, as if to say:

“Yeah! I wrote this stuff. Yeeaaahhh! That’s the ticket!”

Jst2laws

[

• waiting
    waiting

Man..........

I never saw people dressed like that at a convention - not even John Levitz and woman companion.

I never saw people like that smiling either, especially with a WT book in hand. They smiled like that when at lunch break, after leaving to eat, chatting with friends (or hunting for mates).

Some of these WT studies are just plain dumb. They don't say anything except "keep going" "see, we're right, or will be right."

And the famous "wait on Jehovah." In other words "keep going."

waiting

• Maximus
    Maximus

"Yeah, YEAH, uhhhhhh, that's the ticket!"

Lord I have not heard the term Pappy for a very long time.
    Please explain for the children, just2.

Max

• bigboi
    bigboi

Hey All:

I think his name is John Lovitz. Thank you Jst2laws. Hey, didn't he also play Satan in some SNL skits? Now, I can definitely make the connection.

ONE....

bigboi

"it ain't what ya do. it's how you do it" quote from the song "True Honeybunz" by Bahamadia

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

To all the "children"

Maximus requested:
    "Lord I have not heard the term Pappy for a very long time.
    Please explain for the children, just2."

Pappy was the unquestionable patriarch of the Bethel family, President of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, Nathan Knorr. I understand he was not only Pappy to the Bethel family but also to all the missionaries as well. I had little to do with Pappy but one time I disappointed him in a small personal matter and he chewed me out so bad (stern rebuke) his wife apologized for him in his presence.

Up till the announcements at the Bethel table (about 1975-76) of the GB committees, Pappy Knorr was Pappy.

Maximus

Sorry for the deceptive lead into this post. It must have been a disappointment.

Jst2laws

• Briand
    Briand

I find this reminds me of a picture I have of a bible study I went to some 15 or so years ago. All of the people around this table are gone. Most of them ended their time in our church through somekind of pain and life being destroyed. One lady went nutz, along with some of the young men, one lady went down to Columbia as a missionary after her fiancee went nutz after he went off his medz because psychology is of the "devil". There was such potential in this group to, I mean people were really being helped in big ways. But the second it went beyond the elder's control they killed it like some rabid dog. It is truly sad to see how many people are chewed up and spit out of religious institutions. What a loss.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

HA! lol Just2, it's amazing what you can find when you peer into the deeper things.

Thanks for the laugh. It really does look like him, "that's the ticket" expression and all. (you didn't photoshop that, did you?)

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Sixofnine,
    Quote:
    "Thanks for the laugh. It really does look like him, "that's the ticket" expression and all. (you didn't photoshop that, did you?)"

I'm not sure what you mean by "you didn't photoshop that, did you?" which probably answers your question. That was the first time I posted a jpg and was only concerned with file size. I’m looking for tips

Jst2laws

• Number 6
    Number 6

Sorry folks

Irelevant point here but;

The guy on the front row 2nd from left is British Prime Minister Jim Callaghan (1976-79)

No wonder they voted in Thatcher if he was a JW.

I am not a dub I am a free man.

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

Pappy aka Nathan Knorr (third president of the WTBTS)

I'll never forget his "Sex" talk to the new Bethel family members in 1970. I suppose he had this little chat with all newly arrived Bethel members. I remember one girl from the midwest got so uncomfortable with his graphic descriptions of homosexuality, masturbation and intercourse, she actually fainted and had to be helped out of the meeting. I frankly thought the discussion titilating and thought Knorr enjoyed sharing the information a little too much.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit