Ted Jaracz and the Pope

by onacruse 13 Replies latest jw friends

• onacruse
    onacruse

I had an odd feeling today, as I waited for news that Pope John Paul II was on the verge of losing his physical existence.

Never having been a Catholic, why should I care about this one man's existence? And especially, insofar as he has served as a representative of one of the world's most heinous religions?

And suddenly a contrast came to my heart: If it was Ted Jaracz who was dying, I wouldn't give a flying fleep. But, for the pope, I feel a measure of sympathy.

Why do I feel this way?

Craig

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Because unlike Jaracz, the pope has at least shown himself to be a man of character. Agree or disagree with his convictions, John Paul II has been very consistent in living up to his beliefs and doing what he thought was right.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Because the Pope has shown himself to be a true man of Truth when he acknowledged that there was a bunch of priests goin around molestin kids. They made an apology, and unlike the JWs, they acknowledged their faults and tried to prevent this to happen in the future.

CG

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

And another thing: he's just so CUUUUUTE! I love that old guy!

CG

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Poor guy. I heard him speak at the Vatican in 1980, the year before he was shot...he had such a calm and sweet demeanor to him...sort of like a grandfather!

• hopelesslystained
    hopelesslystained

Craig, I was just thinking about starting a thread, ahemm, my only, comparing the Pope with the GB! But ted jaracz certainly narrows things down abit!

• hopelesslystained
    hopelesslystained

Why do I feel this way?

Craig

Maybe because the Pope has shown himself as a real and caring individual devoted to his god? That is admirable and certainly missing in the behavior of mr jaracz.

• Flash
    Flash
    And suddenly a contrast came to my heart: If it was Ted Jaracz who was dying, I wouldn't give a flying fleep. But, for the pope, I feel a measure of sympathy.

Why do I feel this way?

Craig

Probably because you (like the rest of us) have been directly affected by the tyranical way the WTS is run. Not so with the Pope. When I was a Catholic I was almost as disgusted with their leadership as I am with the Witnesses...I left the Church much sooner though.

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

HI Craig,

Pope John Paul II made meaningful contributions to this world, such as helping to free Poland from Communism and ultimately influenced the moral and political downfall of worldwide Communism. He formally apologized to the Jews for the wrong acts (or failure to act) of the Catholic Church throughout history and especially during Hitler's reign.

Ted Jaracz ... well, it is rumored that he carrys around a file of certain ex-JWs he calls apostates ... Yep, the human race really benefits from what Teddy does.

Jim W.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

When the Pope dies I will be a little sad - I have never been a catholic but he has been a good ambassador for the Catholic church and a good head of state (The Vatican) He is a little too conservative for my liking but hey - I am not a catholic. Has he tried to be a force for good -on the whole yes - could he have done more - yes.

Jaracz - I wish evil on no person - but I would leap for joy if this ba-----d died - I tyhink the WTBTS and JWs would be better off without him. In Rutherfords mold if you ask me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit