So many things I want to know . . .

by pennycandy 19 Replies latest jw friends

• pennycandy
    pennycandy

1. How do you pronounce Jaracz?

2. Where can I get a copy of the latest WT cdrom without going to a KH?

3. In 20 words or less, what are Masons? Really, I don't know.

4. Where did the phrase "spot on" come from all of a sudden? Is it new?

5. Why do I make a face like I'm shaving when I put on mascara?

6. Why do I make the same face when I shave my legs?

7. Why does my dog hump air? Is it really enjoyable?

8. When I let someone in front of me while driving and receive obligatory thank-you wave, why do I automatically give an acknowleging nod even though I know they can't see it?

9. Why hasn't Elsewhere posted in two whole days?

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    Why do I make a face like I'm shaving when I put on mascara?

The same reason we all do! So you dont get mascara under your eye. LOL

• Chloe
    Chloe

Here are a couple of things I often wonder about:

Why do earthworms commit suicide when it rains by climbing out on the sidewalk?

Where do flies go at night?

• pennycandy
    pennycandy

BL, I've experimented with that theory. But the movement doesn't seem to make a perceptible difference in the amount of cheek exposed to the mascara wand.

Thanks, Cloe. Now I've got even more things to wonder about.

Also, why do I say "excuse me" for a burp when I'm alone?

• Mellissa
    Mellissa

Hey there! Ho There!

Hi There

My last name is penny! Nice to see another shining bright star!

Happy day!

Melissa

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

why does your gynacologist leave the room when you get undressed

why is there a light in your fridge but not in your freezer

• Max Divergent
    Max Divergent

1. How do you pronounce Jaracz? The prefered pronunciation is obscene ;-)

4. Where did the phrase "spot on" come from all of a sudden? Is it new? In WWII the British fighter planes had a big round disk with concentric rings and a spot in the middle to aim at the enemy, to fire at a plane and hit it was thus 'spot on'. Likewise, 'the whole nine yards' related to the nine yards of ammunition belt the planes carried. To fire all the ammo at one target was to 'give them the whole nine yards'.

• pennycandy
    pennycandy

Hi, Melissa Penny!

Thanks for the "spot on" meaning, Max.

Anyone have answers for the first 3?

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Why do I turn on my blinkers in an empty parking lot or a small twist in the road?

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

1. How do you pronounce Jaracz? JARASS-HOLE

2. Where can I get a copy of the latest WT cdrom without going to a KH? In your local sewage system.

3. In 20 words or less, what are Masons? Really, I don't know. Really, you don't want to know. It's all so confusing. Just hope that you marry a rich one.

4. Where did the phrase "spot on" come from all of a sudden? Is it new? No, really, it's not new. It comes from the kindergarten readers from the 60's: Spot on! Spot OFF! Spot was a very nasty little doggie.

5. Why do I make a face like I'm shaving when I put on mascara? Because you have a secret?

6. Why do I make the same face when I shave my legs? Need to get a good wax person, or just declare yourself in a vegetative state.

7. Why does my dog hump air? Is it really enjoyable? If he likes it, don't stop him. Who knows why he does it, but if he's happy, let the boy GET ON!

8. When I let someone in front of me while driving and receive obligatory thank-you wave, why do I automatically give an acknowleging nod even though I know Because you want them to come to your house and have a glass of sherry?

CG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit